Stars...it's full of stars!

This is a graphic mod that allows the image of stars on the map. It currently replaces the plains graphics.

This mod contains no XML! I leave it up to inventive modders to add that.

please use and modify to you delight, i would just like to know what it is used for because i am bored and i love modders and mods.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 3,487
  • stars.zip
    189.5 KB · Views: 853
hmmm. maybe a sci fi mod of some kind. right now im not sure what i should put 110% into. i guess i could go and do the xml for this one...

what do you think, bro?

GarretSidzaka said:
hmmm. maybe a sci fi mod of some kind. right now im not sure what i should put 110% into. i guess i could go and do the xml for this one...

what do you think, bro?

I vote sci-fi. :scan: This is a cool start.

have you read larry niven? in his books he depicts the asteriod belts as civlizations. it would be cool to do an asteriod map. it would essentially be much like an archipelago map in my mind.

do you know someone who could do a map script? can i bogard some moon units? ;)

GarretSidzaka said:
have you read larry niven? in his books he depicts the asteriod belts as civlizations. it would be cool to do an asteriod map. it would essentially be much like an archipelago map in my mind.

do you know someone who could do a map script? can i bogard some moon units? ;)

I've read some of his older stuff, not recently though. Asteroid belt civs could be cool. I didn't do the map script for the Moon mod so I'm not much help there.

Any units in the Moon mod are community property so bogard away. ;)

ahem, STAR WARS, ahem

GarretSidzaka said:
hey bro, if you star wars guys ( :worship: ) need this star map, feel free to take it. you can even try to clean up the texture (this is ungodly hard to do). can i bogard some starwars units too ;)
Yesssssss!
Thanks a lot Garret

Darn Tootin' :goodjob:

It would be pretty neat to develop a very custom map script that would generate small/medium/large planets in systems. Each planet could host a "city," and each system would work like a "continent." The intra-system spaces would be "coast" and the inter-system spaces would be "ocean."

Or, I guess you could buy Galactic Civilizations II... ;)

Padmewan said:
It would be pretty neat to develop a very custom map script that would generate small/medium/large planets in systems. Each planet could host a "city," and each system would work like a "continent." The intra-system spaces would be "coast" and the inter-system spaces would be "ocean."

Or, I guess you could buy Galactic Civilizations II... ;)

Well GCII doesn't quite do it for me.

I think the SW guys might be doing something like that, but what I would do is have a mapscript that creates planets that are either 1, 4, 9, 16, or 25 tiles big. Maybe 25 is too big. From there you have the stars surrounding these land masses. I'd also put asteroids and other resources in the space tiles. Maybe near space (coast) and deep space (ocean). Then the working tiles (planets) can be settled. I think the scale would be off to get enough planets to settle, but that would look awesome.

that sounds pretty good. we should ask surt. he is pretty bomb with map scripts. who did the map scripts for the moon mod, woodelf?

maybe i will make a static map, but it will be pretty extensive xml modding, and prbly require python modding to make the "spaceships" work. unless i redo this terrain and make it like the lava, then ships could be "boats" between planets. wh really need to get a mod that creates new terrain classes.

BTW: did GCII really suck? i almost payed the $40 to buy it, but i didnt at the last minute.

GarretSidzaka said:
that sounds pretty good. we should ask surt. he is pretty bomb with map scripts. who did the map scripts for the moon mod, woodelf?

maybe i will make a static map, but it will be pretty extensive xml modding, and prbly require python modding to make the "spaceships" work. unless i redo this terrain and make it like the lava, then ships could be "boats" between planets. wh really need to get a mod that creates new terrain classes.

BTW: did GCII really suck? i almost payed the $40 to buy it, but i didnt at the last minute.

Matthewv did our mapscripts, but if you can get surt that would be cool.

I think spaceships would work fine calling deep space ocean and near space coast. Then you "unload" units onto the planets. Very cool. It could be a mini-mod with space battles instead of sea/naval battles. And planetary bombardment. :evil:

GCII didn't suck, but it isn't the same as Civ. It's fun in it's own way, but I like the settling, terraforming, ect. GCII doesn't really have those.

well, i had all my hopes originally in masters of orion 3, but that might have been the biggest game title let down ever.

i think i can mod it on water, and change the wave and zephyr dds's to black, so it will look like the stars "twinkle" if it works.

Cool

Do you have a mod in mind to make or is this just for fun?

Hell, since SMAC is being redone maybe we could make a Master of Orion mod in the Civ4 universe? With difference of course, more land based, but the same idea.

Very nice, I can see uses for this in the Dune Mod once we get to scenarios on multiple planets. Again, very supertastic. :D

Top Bottom