Stars...it's full of stars!

a vanilla mod. i think i might start working on it tonight. ive just been really leary of doin any modding BECAUSE OF FIRAXIS' GREAT SUPPORT THEY GAVE WITH 1.62. i might want to wait for warlords to make this because of the crappy compatibility issues i experienced with the patch.

what do you guys think of this?

I'm not waiting on Warlords to do anything personally Garret. There will be a fair number in the community (myself included) who hold off on the expansion and even when they get it will have 2 versions of civ4 on their computer so they can play pre and post expansion mods. I've had to do that with FfH since Kael had the patches right along up to 1.61 and I still wanted to play 1.52 stuff.

yeah, but i feel that firaxis, after all the wonderful "It's not a game, but a platform for new mods" (-soren j.), they should be keeping up with the modding community and offering more support to modders in the patch. I mean they could add another readme that just helps us make the changes to our mods. and im not talking about a 10 page long list of changes.

Ok ok ok. im done b!tching. sorry for all that.

Well, at least if you on some more graphics they can't screw that up! ;)

The main thing Firaxis didn't provide was more documentation on "best practices" for modding. If they had, our project would have avoided any problems with the 1.61 patch. (E.g., you should NOT edit GlobalDefines.xml but instead GlobalDefinesAlt.xml -- you would know this if you read the text in GlobalDefinesAlt, but what we need is some kind of Modding Guide that has all of this nicely laid out). But the problem was fixed so trivially for us that I can't really complain.

Blame Kael! I told him months ago that he needed to write a modding FAQ for the rest of us. ;)

for planets star pattern would do better. 1, 5, 13, etc. A space mod would be cool, maybe a bit like allegiance (at freeallegiance.org). And the shouldn't the title be "My God, it's full of stars!" from 2001?

How bout if I make a Battlestar Galactica scenario? Sound interesting?:scan:

Top Bottom