1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Starship off topic?

Discussion in 'CivBE - General Discussions' started by player1 fanatic, Feb 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. player1 fanatic

player1 fanatic Fanatic

Can I make request?

Can all Sid Meyer's Startships threads get their own subforum?

If not, then they should go to All Other Games subforum.

It's not sequel to Beyond Earth, it's not its expansion, it's not even 4X game.

I just shares same world as Beyond Earth, and that is not enough, IMO, for its threads to mingle in general Beyond the Earth forum.

I can understand some people get hyped. But some people just want to read about 4X Beyond the Earth game, and are not interested in the slightest about Starships sharing same forum space.

2. Lord Tirian

Lord Tirian Erratic Poster

I kind of have to agree, even as somebody who is very interested in Starships. At the moment, a lot of the Starships discussion is mixed with people who claim stuff like "BE was abandoned for Starships!" and similar stuff, which - to some extent - drowns out actual discussion about Starships.

Having its own forum would give each game more breathing space - after all, the connections can still be discussed in a few threads dedicated to discussing the connection instead of being a general hodge-podge.

This said, I think a lot of people might still default to posting in the Civ:BE forums simply because it's at the top of the list while the "Other Games" section is waaaaay down (which is a bit annoying for something new and hence more traffic-heavy like Starships).

3. Ryika

Ryika Lazy Wannabe Artista

I actually think it's good that they're not yet separated, as much of the information about starships also has a lot to do with (what happens with) Beyond Earth.

And frankly, all the threads I know of have "Starships" in their name, so.. it shouldn't be too hard to just not click them.

/edit: Although Lord Tirian has a point, maybe having its own forum + a "centralized" Thread for Starship-BE-related stuff would be a better solution.

4. tedeviatings

tedeviatings Warlord

OP has my vote.

5. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Deity

My vote too.

6. 1889

1889 Mayor of H-Marker Lake

Yes please!

7. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Moderator Action: Both Starships threads in Civ: BE have been moved to All Other Games. Thread closed.

8. AriochIV

AriochIV Colonial Ninja

Guess I'm done talking in this forum, then.

9. NASAROG

NASAROG Prince

Yup. They didn't want to distract from the gem that is CIV:BE

10. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Deity

I'm dissapointed that the moderators just dumped the threads into the "all other games" forum without even giving the game it's own subforum. Even games like Colonization, Pirates! have their own subforum, why not Starships? Just dumping the threads loose in the "all other games" is a sure way of destroying any chance for people to discuss the game.

11. Victus75

Victus75 Chieftain

I'm thinking once the game is released it will have it's own forum. Until then though, it does seem like it could get lost over there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.