1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Starships made the seventh place in Angry Joe's Top 10 Worst Games of 2015

Discussion in 'Starships' started by Hail, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Hail

Hail Satan's minion

2. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Seeing as it's a mobile game not very well ported to PC (the CynicalBrit review), little surprise there.

3. Valessa

Valessa Communistress

Not too surprising, he already ripped the game a second wormhole in his original review.

I had my fun for a while, but that's mostly because I went into it expecting a mobile game, and that's really what it is - a mobile game that can be played on pc.

Well, and that comes with a better payment system that doesn't constantly annoy you.

4. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Chieftain

Same here. I knew it was a mobile game and I enjoyed the game a lot for a couple weeks. I hope Firaxis learns from Starships that trying to make the same game for both PC and mobile is a mistake. It caused confusion where people thought the game was going to be a true PC game and as a result got disapointed. It also required too many compromises in game design where the game was an acceptable mobile game but a poor PC game. If Firaxis had made Starships a PC only game from the start, they could have really developed the concept to its full potential and given us a much richer and deeper strategy game. In fact, we see this with XCOM2. There, Firaxis made the decision to go PC only and they produced a fantastic triple A PC game.

5. CelJaded

CelJaded DENOUNCING!

A little harsh that verdict I'd say, but it certainly wasn't the best effort from Firaxis either.

I think Starships did a decent job of condensing that epic Civilization feel into a 90-120 minute gaming session, though it really could have done with better optimization for the PC platform as others have already stated.

Far too easy as well.

6. Barathor

Barathor Chieftain

He's entitled to his own angry opinion, but I think his initial expectations were way off. As said above, it was really a mobile game which was also released on PC.

I liked Sid's charming little game; especially since it's based off of Beyond Earth. If they would release it for Android, I'd certainly buy it again to play on my phone -- it would be perfect on there. After completing it a few times, when I'm now at my computer, I usually rather play bigger, more complex games.

7. Syrkres

Syrkres Chieftain

What would have been cool with Starships is more integration into BE.

Basically you can either "quickmod" colonize a planet (default) or you can play it out in Civ, basically it would spawn the game with you landing, and (1-x) number of other civilizations already living there. It would share a "similar" economy so investing heavily in a planet comes from your funds from Starship.

THis would make for "EPIC" games....

Yeah, playing it on Andriod would be nice, on tablet.

8. Danthor

Danthor Chieftain

I wish I had known this before buying it :(
    I thought it was a full PC game ::(