1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Starships v1.3 patch

Discussion in 'Starships' started by thecrazyscot, May 5, 2015.

1. thecrazyscot

thecrazyscot Spiffy

Announcement.

2. Aldor

Aldor Chieftain

Before the patch, AI would do their move, then activate stealth at the end. Now, they do that right away. I find that this makes it very difficult to see against how many opponents you fight. Guess I have to take a closer look at the info panel in the briefing room before starting missions now :)

3. Hail

Hail Satan's minion

fixed bugs & made Impossible harder. :goodjob:

I still want qualitive changes.

4. Stylesrj

Stylesrj Tabitha SEAL

Yes! Finally! Now I don't have to worry about them getting all the planets before my massive overpowered battlefleets do once the AI inevitably allies against me (even those they hate join forces)!

5. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Warlord

Great news!!

6. Minor Annoyance

Minor Annoyance Chieftain

My first new game went longer. Usually I win in 10 turns. Like exactly 10, just about every time. I usually played with just population victory but even with all victories on this time it was 13 turns. I won by wonder victory, mostly by capturing them. I lost a several missions early on due to having only one ship. Still didn't see a lot of enemy stealth but at least the empire with the cloaking wonder was using it. Also, them cloaking first and then moving was good.
    Also I think they fixed a but I noticed before. Entering the market from the fleet upgrade screen, making trades, accepting the changes and then cancelling out of the fleet screen reset your trades but kept the changed prices. I don't think it does that anymore.
    So good patch. Not a lot changed but it's improved. Wonder if there will be another.

7. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Warlord

My first impressions of the patch after playing one game on Impossible:
    - Starting with only 1 ship definitely makes the early game more difficult. Impossible actually feels like a more even fight now and not the walk in the park it used to be.
    - The AI uses cloaking a lot now. And cloaking actually "works" now. By cloaking before moving, I don't see where the AI ships go, so I actually need to invest in sensors or scout ahead with fighters.
    - Megabots are stronger now so investing in planetary defenses makes sense now. Attacking homeworlds is more challenging now.
    - The changes to how victory conditions work, are good. Games are longer. Also, games are not cut short prematurely now by the AI accidentally triggering a different victory.

All good changes to the game!