Start Game.....Blank Screen!!!???? Help!

Teelman

Warlord
Hey all,

I decided to try and install civ 5 on my new laptop. Its an dell xps 15 with windows 7. I installed steam and civ 5 without any issues. however, when i load the game it just goes to a blank black screen and the intro video never actually loads. Ive left it alone for over 10 minutes and it changes from the black blank screen. I had previously installed this copy of civ 5 on another computer and i didnt know if that would make a difference. it also auto loaded direct x9 with the steam installation but i wouldnt think that would make a difference. ive uninstalled twice and it still doing the same thing. anyone have any ideas?

I am very unfamiliar with windows 7 since i used xp for so long. How in the world do i get into the game files to delete those?

Open the explorer (via windows key + e), then click on the hard driver where it's installed (should be C: in most cases).
Then go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization v\ (standard path; might differ depending on your installation) and delete the .wmv files.
In case you have Gods & Kings (the addon) installed, then go to its respective subfolder and delete the .wmv files there too.

WOW IT WORKED!!!!! Thanks so much!!!! Is it some sort of bug or something?

Top Bottom