Start Generation Algorithm(s) on Pangea / Terra

benfp

Chieftain
Hi

I'm wondering where I can find the code for that because I remember reading somewhere calendar ressources / sea food ressources are worth 2/3 points (other ressources: 1 point) and that a start's BFC is always >= 3 or 4 points (don't remember the exact details).

Are there any interesting articles? I've tried googling civfanatics very few interesting results came up.

One of the results mentionned you get worse positions on higher levels (CIV4HandicapInfo.xml -> iStartingLocPercent; from 10 (settler) to 90 (deity)). Is it still true?

Also, BTS 3.19 changelog mentions something about fixing sea starts; would anybody know what that means?

Thanks.

I don't think calendar resources are counted as 2/3rds. Last game I started with a 3silk/1crab start (one of the worst I've ever generated really)... I decided not to play that game and looked in worldbuilder, indeed there were no more resources in the BFC.

Thanks for your feedback.

Any code guru (wink danf) or game expert (too many winks to cast ;)) would mind sharing more infos on that?

I'm wondering where I can find the code for that because I remember reading somewhere calendar ressources / sea food ressources are worth 2/3 points (other ressources: 1 point) and that a start's BFC is always >= 3 or 4 points (don't remember the exact details).

CvGame::normalizeStartingPlots

Top Bottom