Start location / Distance to European sea tiles

lapens

Chieftain
Hi all,

I am a Col1 fan from way back, and have recently started playing Col2. I had a few issues with the vanilla version and so downloaded AoD2 the other night, hoping it would fix these issues – however it doesn’t appear it has (although overall it appears a brilliant mod Dale!). I’m not sure if I’m doing something wrong with the install or not, but here are my questions:

1. Starting location on the map! Every time I start, I’m just off the coast of Northern Brazil? I thought that AoD2 v1.12 or patch 1.01 would fix this? How do I fix this to make the start location random? I don’t even mind if the east/west start location is randomized as that would make things fun too.

2. Distance to European sea tiles. What is the point in settling on the East Coast of NA? From there, it takes ~10 turns just to get to the European sea tiles??? That’s crazy – by that time the civs that landed in Brazil have gone back and forth twice already! How can I make it so that the sea tiles are 4-5 away from land across the entire eastern/western seaboard of the Americas (both north and south)??

3. What is the cheat command for revealing the entire map (helping me to ascertain starting position of civs)?

4. What is the name/source of the music on the AoD2 menu screen? – it’s BRILLIANT!

Thanks for any answers, I absolutely loved this awesome game, and want to love the remake too!! At the moment these silly things are ruining my enjoyment of an otherwise brilliant game.

lapens

Update:

I may have found the answer to my second question - is this the iWidthPercent value?

So if I edit this to read something like '80', then Europe sea tiles would fill most of my empty ocean east and west of the continents?

Can someone please confirm if this is correct?

Thanks ,
lapens

1. Starting location on the map! Every time I start, I’m just off the coast of Northern Brazil? I thought that AoD2 v1.12 or patch 1.01 would fix this? How do I fix this to make the start location random? I don’t even mind if the east/west start location is randomized as that would make things fun too.

The unofficial patch (pre patch 1.01) fixed this but it appears that the bug came back after the official patch.

2. Distance to European sea tiles. What is the point in settling on the East Coast of NA? From there, it takes ~10 turns just to get to the European sea tiles??? That’s crazy – by that time the civs that landed in Brazil have gone back and forth twice already! How can I make it so that the sea tiles are 4-5 away from land across the entire eastern/western seaboard of the Americas (both north and south)??

Yeah it's as you found, iWidthPercent. But don't set east or west above 50% or you'll be able to head east from the west which would be just wierd.

3. What is the cheat command for revealing the entire map (helping me to ascertain starting position of civs)?

CTRL-Z.

4. What is the name/source of the music on the AoD2 menu screen? – it’s BRILLIANT!

Trailerhead - Age of Discovery (by coincidence) :)

Thanks for any answers, I absolutely loved this awesome game, and want to love the remake too!! At the moment these silly things are ruining my enjoyment of an otherwise brilliant game.

lapens

Dale you are a legend. Appreciate you answering the questions above.

Many thanks for this and the AoD2 mod - I hope you really stop and think sometimes how much people around the world really enjoy playing your mod.

Cheers,
lapens :D

What "damage" would be done by playing with the unofficial patch and using AoDII? I absolutely hate the start location problem. Ruins the game for me, and I dislike having to go into world builder to fix it.

Great job by the way. :goodjob:

Top Bottom