Starting fast on deity.

pollock

Warlord
The balancing to early luxury trading has slowed my starts up dramatically because often have to build settlers *shock horror*.

I am wondering what starts people are using on deity to get out the blocks quickly?

Starts I've been trying are:

When finding an early 20 culture ruins i adopt tradition.
scout>worker>archer>archer>settler
When i dont find 20 culture early I often go liberty and get the free worker.
scout>monument>archer>archer>settler

Been experimenting with early granarys and setting up a civ 3 settler factory too hehe :)

You could try Germany, your initial scout and warrior can get a sizeable army, all you need todo is be able to pay for it;) That will free up your production for Settlers etc. Seems to work better on Large and Huge maps, Standard ones seem to fill up fast. Also using low sea levels and Pangea Plus to move all the City States off to Islands helps too.

My current game is on a Huge map (Marathon) and I took Honor first and between turns 62 and 179 I averaged 3.25 culture per turn Killing barbs. Not to mention all the gold from camps and selling units I couldn't support. I also got a GG from just barb killing.

You could also try Askia(sp?) the triple gold from barb camps could buy a lot.

I dont like relying on a civilizations traits or unique units to get a solid game. Admittedly spain and germany are great and fun to play for a snowball with early. :cool: .

Forget the early worker (grab them from a CS if you must)
The game will go much faster for you (worker eats up 10+ turns at the beginning and the only things you could build with it are farms anyway)

Top Bottom