[GS] Starting in Later Game Eras (Industrial, Atomic, Modern)

StoicPhalanx

Chieftain
I've been starting civ6 in the later eras and there's some kind of imbalance in resources and in costs of tech and units. In all the games I play, no one ends up with any nukes or space race until near the very end. There are usually more oil patches in the sea than on the land. There's no starting with democracy, communism, fascism. The smallest improvement has been removing the GDR.

Are there good late game eras mods? Are there scenarios that match modern battles?

There are usually more oil patches in the sea than on the land.
I can't answer the rest of the post (sorry), but I want you to know that this is the case for me in every game I play, and I'm someone who always starts at Ancient Era.

I've been tempted to start in later eras several times, though. Could you tell me the benefits?

I can't answer the rest of the post (sorry), but I want you to know that this is the case for me in every game I play, and I'm someone who always starts at Ancient Era.

I've been tempted to start in later eras several times, though. Could you tell me the benefits?
If you start in ancient the game is usually over by the later eras, meaning that you are able to snowball power. If you start in Industrial, well then you are equal in Industrial at least.

For me it's that I want to use the paradrops and aircrafts and have modern warfare and space race to have fun, same with Industrial Era. It's odd to me to see only one or two ironclads built, no railroads, cities struggling to get renaissance walls built, etc.

I guess what I'm looking for is later eras to give a head start when a city is created and to give some of the resources necessary in a balanced way.

I've been starting civ6 in the later eras and there's some kind of imbalance in resources and in costs of tech and units. In all the games I play, no one ends up with any nukes or space race until near the very end. There are usually more oil patches in the sea than on the land. There's no starting with democracy, communism, fascism. The smallest improvement has been removing the GDR.

Are there good late game eras mods? Are there scenarios that match modern battles?
Check out my extensive 150 mod playlist on steam:

Top Bottom