Starting positions

Seraphic

Chieftain
Post your either awesome or horrifying starting positions.
I just got this one, playing as Elizabeth.

Wow. Farming those flatland tiles (3 grassland, 4 plain) would, along with the pig provide enough food for the gold. Decent production potential with the other hills, and lots of forests for chops. That maybe the best start I've seen outside of Earth 18 Civs or Giant Earth.

Wow. Farming those flatland tiles (3 grassland, 4 plain) would, along with the pig provide enough food for the gold. Decent production potential with the other hills, and lots of forests for chops. That maybe the best start I've seen outside of Earth 18 Civs or Giant Earth.

I dunno, doesn't seem that great to me. It could stand more food and less gold. I mean, gold is amazing for early game teching and expansion, but besides that..dunno.

I think you need more gold :rolleyes: lol

Duplicate resources is great when it's 2 or 3 but to me 4 is a bit much. Sometime I find it hard to get 3 trade partners for a single resource

I remember ending up with a resourceless BFC-sized fertile land start.

In the ice caps.

Danggggg.

Yea, I've had some good ones before. Can't remember the specifics, but I do know my resources were plenty a few times. From now on, I'll try to post screenshots in this thread.

I can think of something that could be bad though: what if you created a city that had a tribe in its boundaries and it turns out that the tribe was "hostile?" Wouldn't that make your city vulnerable to the barbarian warriors/or an advanced unit and you could already lose your first city. Which essentially would be game over because you have no city to create a settler.

Also, I think the worst is when you are surrounded by mountain peaks and your scout or unit cannot move. That won't happen often because you know not to put yourself into that possibility, but it could happen.

Oh and aren't those plots good for levees later?

OMG!!! One border pop and Calendar, then Bureaucracy...

Sorry. Getting a little verklempt with envy here... :p

Oh and aren't those plots good for levees later?
Yup. Playing Willem would be good with that start as well. All that gold with a dike would just be crazy. Hammers and commerce! :D

I can think of something that could be bad though: what if you created a city that had a tribe in its boundaries and it turns out that the tribe was "hostile?" Wouldn't that make your city vulnerable to the barbarian warriors/or an advanced unit and you could already lose your first city. Which essentially would be game over because you have no city to create a settler.

I may have misunderstood posts I've read here previously, but I don't think goody huts (what you refer to as tribes) popped by city boundaries can have barbarians as a result.

Meh, that doesn't seem that great to me. Only one food resource, you'll have a hard time using all that gold, but you could probably found some other cities close enough to your capital that they could work a couple of those golds instead.

Top Bottom