starting resources

Crispy007

Chieftain
I play k mod usually on Prince, standard, epic, tropical, medium sea level, and hemispheres. Lately I've noticed that my capital often only spawns with 2 or 3 resources instead of the normal 4. Is this an intended change, or accidental?

Well, in v1.40 I fixed a bug which was completely messing up the game's evaluation of starting positions. A common effect of that bug was that the game would try to add a bunch of additional resources and forests to try to 'balance' the starting positions (but this balancing was way way off target, because the evaluation which was meant to test for balance was completely wrong).

So, the fixing of that bug almost certainly does result in starting positions being a bit less generous than before. But hopefully they're also a bit more balanced!

With all that in mind, I haven't changed the rules for the minimum quality of starting positions. In particular, all starting positions will have at least 3 resources within the fat cross (although you might not be able to see them right away - because they might need some tech to be revealed).

Top Bottom