1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Starting Techs/Starting Locations

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Bradlius, Mar 28, 2007.

1. Bradlius

Bradlius Chieftain

It seems to me that often, my starting location responds well to my starting techs. For example, if I have Fishing, I almost always get a coastal starting location, with a resource (Clam, Crab, Fish) within the BFC.
    Similarly, it seems when I'm playing one of the Hunting civs, I usually end up very close to something I can Camp on.
    Of course, it could just be selective memory, but does anyone know beyond just anecdotal evidence whether the starting tech has any influence on the starting location?

2. Jerrymander

Jerrymander Epistemologist

Not for me. I always seem to start either on floodplains without Agri, or near hills without Mining.
    Lucky.

3. redifederal

redifederal Chieftain

Dont Play Random Maps Play Earth