Starting units

BobTheTerrible

Just Another Bob
I tried searching, but couldn't find anything pertinent. I've been trying to get civs to start with some more units. I was able to get 2 settlers through opening up civilizationinfos.xml and changing free units from 1 to 2. Now, I want to also give 2 warriors (or archers, or something) to civs as well at the beginning of the game, so that the AI will actually use both settlers. I tried creating the following line under each civilization entry (with the proper spacing) and it did not work (I tried both UNITCLASS_ARCHER and UNITCLASS_WARRIOR).

Code:
<UnitClassType>UNITCLASS_SETTLER</UnitClassType>
<iFreeUnits>2</iFreeUnits>
<UnitClassType>UNITCLASS_WARRIOR</UnitClassType>

I also tried setting the iStartingDefenseUnits in GlobalHandicapInfo.xml to 2, but that made no effect as well (which is strange, since it worked when I tried it a few months ago). Setting the starting worker or explore units to 1 works, however. (Also, there is a separate entry for both iStartingDefenseUnits and iAIStartingDefenseUnits - does this mean the AI gets the units in iAIStartingDefenseUnits in addition to the ones from iAIStartingDefenseUnits, or are they separate measures?

Are you sure, that this code is in your .xml?

Because it has to be
PHP:
<FreeUnitClasses>
				<FreeUnitClass>
				</FreeUnitClass>
				<FreeUnitClass>
				</FreeUnitClass>
			</FreeUnitClasses>

And yes, they get them in addition.

Hmm. This is the code that I have under Babylon:

Code:
	</FreeUnitClass>
	<FreeUnitClass>
         </FreeUnitClass>

It doesn't seem to be working. I made sure to clear the cache. It works for other civs (at least the one I tried it on), but not Babylon for some reason. Ideas?

Top Bottom