StartUp C2C from save file?

12padams

Prince
I remember around 3 years ago I was able to have my save file on the desktop and double click it which would load up C2C and allow me to start playing right away.

It is much quicker than loading up civ 4 then loading up the mod then loading your save file. Any idea on how to load up C2C from your save file?

If you're working with Win10 there's apparently a bug in that op system regarding being able to do that. Thankfully I'm not hearing much more in terms of incompatibilities.

If you're working with Win10 there's apparently a bug in that op system regarding being able to do that. Thankfully I'm not hearing much more in terms of incompatibilities.

I have win 10. I don't place saves on my desktop, but I can go into My Docs\Beyond Sword\Saves and double click any save and it starts right up. So I'm not sure what Flinx problem was.

JosEPh

What do you associate the file with? I'm on Windows 8.1 (I got windows 10 on my tablet though) and it isn't associated with anything. I tried associating it with beyond the sword exe and it just opens beyond the sword without the mod or save game.

I remember around 3 years ago I was able to have my save file on the desktop and double click it which would load up C2C and allow me to start playing right away.

It is much quicker than loading up civ 4 then loading up the mod then loading your save file. Any idea on how to load up C2C from your save file?

You don't have to load the mod before loading your save. Loading your save automatically loads the correct mod. So it's very nearly as quick as your method, since the step of opening BtS takes 30 seconds or so at most.

You don't have to load the mod before loading your save. Loading your save automatically loads the correct mod. So it's very nearly as quick as your method, since the step of opening BtS takes 30 seconds or so at most.

If one only plays C2C it would be easier to put this line: Mod = Caveman2Cosmos in the CivilizationIV.ini file located in "/My Documents/My Games/Beyond the sword" or some similar path.

Then, if the save files are associated with the bts exe, it should load C2C right away as well.

If one only plays C2C it would be easier to put this line: Mod = Caveman2Cosmos in the CivilizationIV.ini file located in "/My Documents/My Games/Beyond the sword" or some similar path.

Or create BTS shortcut file (.lnk) with this line: mod= caveman2cosmos
for example: "C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" mod= caveman2cosmos

Or create BTS shortcut file (.lnk) with this line: mod= caveman2cosmos
for example: "C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" mod= caveman2cosmos
Yeah, there are many ways to Rome, but this won't make save files start C2C directly. The ini change however, should afaik do this.

In Windows 7, I can navigate to my BtS save folder and double-click on a savefile, which then loads the mod in question as well.

Likewise, the C2C shortcut on my Start menu shows me all the C2C saves I've loaded directly from the save folder, making it even faster to do so.

In Windows 7, I can navigate to my BtS save folder and double-click on a savefile, which then loads the mod in question as well.

Likewise, the C2C shortcut on my Start menu shows me all the C2C saves I've loaded directly from the save folder, making it even faster to do so.

I never thought to do that! smh! :lol:

JosEPh

Did someone mess with the "shortcut" files someplace, i cant not start C2C any longer from a shortcut ONCE i have shutdown my PC, it works ok IF i dont shut it off, but once i do, its impossible to start C2C from a shortcut, you HAVE to go to the Beyond the Sword folder and manually click on the "exe" the start it that way, then click on Advanced, then C2C, its the ONLY way it works now

Are you now using Windows 10? That might be why.

Did someone mess with the "shortcut" files someplace, i cant not start C2C any longer from a shortcut ONCE i have shutdown my PC, it works ok IF i dont shut it off, but once i do, its impossible to start C2C from a shortcut, you HAVE to go to the Beyond the Sword folder and manually click on the "exe" the start it that way, then click on Advanced, then C2C, its the ONLY way it works now

Starting through shortcut works fine here. Windows 7.

I have no idea, but it seems to be doing all sorts of bizarre things to people's games right now.

I'm not having that problem at all with my version of Win 10 Pro 64. My shortcut to C2C works as it always has. Now I don't use Cortana, or the Cloud or OneDrive either, all are blocked as is the GPS Location settings.

And have you been allowing all the new updates for Win 10? Also are you using Win 10 Defender for your AV? I'm not.

JosEPh

Top Bottom