Startup crash

Dr Roach

Chieftain
Hello! I just updated the SVN from the last version, and now I'm getting a crash on load up - an error "GFC Error: Failed to initialize the primary control theme". Also, a lot of files have a red x mark after updating the SVN. Don't know if that has anything to do with it. Does it maybe have something to do with that new main menu theme I heard talk about somewhere?

I too got this error. So the fix for this is to re-do the SVN download and hope it grabs the theme? Where is the file normally located and where should it be. Would be alot easier just to copy and paste it out of where it should be right?

I too got this error. So the fix for this is to re-do the SVN download and hope it grabs the theme? Where is the file normally located and where should it be. Would be alot easier just to copy and paste it out of where it should be right?

Did you read my actual post here? There is no such thing as "new theme". There is something wrong either with the SVN client itself, or the way you used it (like storing the files in a folder called anything other than "Realism"; a quick google search showed me that people get this kind of errors with Civ 4 mods when they rename their folders ad hoc). Remember that nothing in the SVN instruction is irrelevant - failure to follow any step may lead to errors.

Okay thanks, I will give that a shot! Sorry... i probs missed a step as I used SVN before and know how to use it, I did not bother to look at the instructions, so thats my bad. Let's see if it works! :D

Top Bottom