1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

States General Assembly Hall

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game IV: Citizens' started by vra379971, Jul 31, 2008.

1. vra379971

vra379971 Deity

Welcome to the States General Assembly Hall.

This ares is ONLY for ELECTED AND APPOINTED MEMBERS OF THE PEOPLE TO DEBATE!

Nothing is too small and too big to being up here, but we have a few rules to follow.

==============

Rules for EG.

1) While you may make honest criticisms, baseless accusations against our Soverign will be looked upon severely.

2) You must keep all comments CIVIL. Anything not within the purview of diplomatic language will also be looked upon severely.

3) You must fullfill your duties, or risk being dismissed fro your post. Repeated failures of a Faction Rep to partipate will be looked upon VERY severely.

4) A Clerk of the Realm (Lord Regent of the Crown) will serve the EG and keep order in this Hall. The Clerk will be chosen for his or her skills from among the peerage.

===

So, we will give it a few days for all to file in, please feel free to chit-chat about whatever you wish. Formal topics for discussion will be submitted by the Clerk.

===

DO NOT POST HERE IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN FORMALLY ADMITTED!

2. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

I'm not sure the Clerk of the Realm should be a representative. That might give one rep more power over the other reps. It might be a good idea if say the Regent would be the Clerk of the Realm. Although this would eliminate me from being a rep, there would not be a need for more power distribution among the reps.

3. vra379971

vra379971 Deity

Point taken.

The Lord Regent shall be the Clerk of the Realm.

4. Cyc

Yeah, buddy!:banana::woohoo::rockon:

5. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

I suggest we keep records of the minutes here. Perhaps all posts between turn sessions could be lumped with its turn session. Faction and independent Reps should also have to go through a re-election process every few TC's, or have some kind of accountability measure.

6. Cyc

Excellent suggestion, Lord Civius. I shall make note of this in the Charter.

7. dutchfire

dutchfire Deity

I hope the Estates General are aware of the scheduled play session next saturday, and I would like to ask if there are any specific requests from the Estates General for this 7 (probably) turn play session.

8. Cyc

Well, I didn't put that much detail in the Charter, but the Constitution will include it.

9. Cyc

There will be a Council Meeting this week before the Turn Session. Hopefully before Saturday, if we can swing it. I've downloaded the mIRC again, but it's been so long since I've used it, I may need your help in setting up the room, dutchfire.

Anytime from now until the weekend is fine by me. We really do need a Council Meeting.

10. dutchfire

dutchfire Deity

Just connect to the irc.irc-chat server, and then join the #turnchat channel, easy as it can get.

You could ask Chieftess (I suppose) for some admin rights in the channel if you want, dunno if she will give them though.

11. Cyc

Ok, thanks. I suppose admin rights are not really neccessary if you are there (or someone who can mute non-Council members or whatever).

Now we just need a time and date. Is everyone good for Friday about lunchtime in California? Let's hear some yeas and nays.

(Some issues to discuss would be nice also. Anyone have an issue?)

The main topics will be the upcoming war with Babylon and a Research path for our Scientists to follow.

12. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

Great Regent, your duties are to the Kingdom and its prosperity. You have given me the authority to reinstate the BLG. I am working hard to fulfill my duties, I am but awaiting the deadline for citizens to renew their land grants.

I request a quorum call. Each Estates General member should now post his name and what Aretan province or cause he represents.

Edit: For the record, and which faction he represents.

13. Cyc

As Clerk of the Realm, I hereby summon all Reps to the Assembly Hall to post your name, locale, and/or the Faction you represent.

14. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

Vandal Warlord, Venice; Capital of the Free Sate of Venice, Principality of Kassite.

15. dutchfire

dutchfire Deity

dutchfire, Arete, I represent the people.

lunchtime in California is what time in GMT?

16. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

Lord Civius, Representative of the unaligned.

17. Diamondeye

Diamondeye So Happy I Could Die

Diamondeye, New Giruvegan, Protectors of Faith. Without mIRC. I had interpreted it as the council going on on the forum, and I am OOP until Saturday, so I probably won't be able to be there.

18. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

what is time is the meeting in EST USA.

19. Cyc

Well if we have the Council meeting at noon on the Pacific Coast (California time PDT), then it would probably be 3:00pm or 1500hrs in say, Conneticut.

20. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

fine by me then.