1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

States General Assembly Hall

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game IV: Citizens' started by vra379971, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

I vote Yea on the above mentioned measures. Sorry I've been busy in RL the last two days and will continue to be for the next couple days. My activity will be limited until probably monday.

2. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

I announce a quorum call to all representatives. Please reply with your name and the state in which you represent.

3. 1889

1889 Mayor of H-Marker Lake

Joe has stepped aside for this term to give me a chance at representing New Arkadia.

4. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

According to the Federation constitution if a Rep abandons his seat then the Governor General can appoint an interim until the next election. So all we need is the OK from tcn and you are in :) .

5. 1889

There are also elections going on and I'm the only candidate, so no need to bother tcn. :)

6. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

Since the State elections are coming up next week I don't see any problem with you filling in for Joe.

7. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

Lord Civius, State of Arete Proper

8. civplayah

civplayah fronter

civplayah, State of Greater Edorai.

9. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

Vandal Warlord, State of Ibsinia

10. 1889

Greetings esteemed members of the council

Now that we are all present I would like to propose a measure that would grant individuals with federal positions (such as finance, military and foreign ministers) and leaders of the prime faction to post in this thread. These individuals help set our national policy and I think it would be beneficial for them to bring relevant concerns before the assembly for vote in person. By allowing them to post they can present their reasoning without having to rely on their state representatives who may not share their passion.

Thank you.

11. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

As State Rep of Arete Proper I second the motion and as Secretary General I will put your request up for a vote. This will not,however, give the Advisors voting power unless they are also a State Rep. All in favor say Yea, those opposed say nay.

12. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

Nay, This council is for the individual reprentitives of each State.

Aside from that, I would like to motion the creating of a Supreme Commander of the Army and Navy, only to be over-ruled by the Governor General and Secratary General. All in Favor, a yay or nay would suffice.

13. thecommonnate

thecommonnate Theocrat

The position doesn't seem fully necessary, but perhaps in wars to come it will take workloads off the General positions.

As it would probably be a Cabinet position, though, the final word would come from the G-G.

14. civplayah

civplayah fronter

Yea for 1889, nay for Vandal.

15. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

The Governor-General is the Supreme Commander. The Minister of Defense is his peacetime advisor.

16. 1889

Members of the counsel, two of our greatest citizens look to this exalted body for direction in how best to serve our great nation.

John Dalton (scientist) options:
    • Settle in a city and produce 1 hammer and 9 beakers. In Arkadia (with Oxford and other buildings) that would be 29 beakers per turn.
    • Lightbulb a tech. This gives us 2367 beakers toward Fission which would otherwise cost 8222 beakers and take 5 turns.
    • Build an academy. Our three best science cities already have them so Seville would be next up. An Academy there would produce at least 24 extra beakers per turn.
    • Found Standard Ethanol. This requires plastics which would take 8 turns to research after industrialism. It uses corn, sugar and rice to produce science and oil. In our situation that is 6 beakers per turn. We can get some gold as well but we probably wouldn’t want to export it as it provides a means of our enemies getting oil.
    • Found Aluminum Company. This requires we research flight (5) then Rockets (6) after industrialism. It uses coal to produce science and aluminum. In our case that is 12 beakers per turn, but this corporation competes with Mining Inc so the two corporations can not be in the same city, a serious problem.

Claude Dansey (spy) options:
    • Settle and produce 6 beakers and 12 eps. In Eshnunna (with Scotland Yard) that would be 24 eps now and 30 with a jail.
    • Build Scotland Yard. That would provide 28 extra eps in Arete.
    • Infiltrate someone. This gives us something like 4000 eps or more in the infiltrated nation.
    • Finally they can be used together to give us a golden age. That is one extra hammer and gold in tiles that already produce some, no anarchy and double great people points. We currently work about 265 tiles, so let’s say that a GA is worth 140 hammers and 200 gold per turn (just guessing) for 8 turns or1120 hammers and 1600 gold.

While some may be better than others these are all good choices. It is better to choose one now and take advantage of one of these benefits rather than delay and deprive ourselves of all of them for another turn.

Thank you

17. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

Bulb the scientist and settle spy.

18. civplayah

civplayah fronter

Found Aluminum Co. and build Scotland Yard.

19. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

I agree with civplayah.

20. 1889

OK, I can go along with that.