States General Assembly Hall

Clerk of the Realm,

As there was much confusion during the absence of the former King Civplayah, I suggest we take Cyc's absence very formally. The Regent should take control of assigning TC's, and allow the gameplay congregation to supply the players with directions for the next week. Messages should be sent to the King after the week is over. At his reply we will give him more time or put him back into position. If the King remains inactive for a total of 2 weeks the problem should be brought up to the EGA.

What do you say to using these as guidelines?

As the King has been incapacitated I will step in as interum King. I also say Yay to the guidelines posted above.

Very Well then.

According to the quorum call here is you Eastates General Assembly:

Permanent Members-
King Cyc- Cycles of Arete
Regent Lord Civius- Clerk of the Realm

Representatives-
Vandal Warlord- Principality of Kassite
Diamondeye- Protectors of the Faith
thecommonnate- Independents
Joe Harker- Independents

Clerk of the Realm, there has been discussion of switching some civics, the current generally accepted reform wants are as follows:

Bureaucracy to Free Speech
Decentralization to Free Economy
Paganism to Organized Religion

Feedback from you is appreciated.

Honorary clerk of the realm,

I agree with TCN that the civic system should be changed, but I disagree with TCN on the following points:
We should adopt Vassalage, not Free Speech.
Theocracy should be prioritized over Organized religion.

I can agree on the shift to Free Economy.

It seems we are prone to see a Prime Faction election soon.

We got the Traditionalist party (Bureaucracy, Decentralization, Paganism) Dutchfire
We got the Burgers party (Free Speech, Free Economy and Organized Religion) TNC
We got the Militarist Party (Vassalage, Free Economy and Theocracy) Diamond E

Please also sign me up for the Estates Generals Assembly, for both COA and Edorai.

Organized Religion and Theocracy both hold strategic value to me, as we will go to war with Babylon in our future, we must use Theocracy sometime, IMO. However it seems that our interior cities should begin doing some building, over recruiting (excluding coastal cities, which should begin ship building immediately).

Once we have some builds done, I propose switching to Theocracy, and building up some elite units to finish off Babylon and start our Imperialism adventures.

However, this could be done completely opposite, begin military buildup now after switching to Theocracy, finishing off Babylon quicker, switching again to Organized Religion and Build up the Continent's economy.

EDIT: Vassalage would work well with Theocracy if we co-switched, especially if plan #2 (war first, builds after). Free Speech would be a helpful peacetime civic for some extra commerce, not sure if we really need the culture, though.

I guess it really falls down on when you guys want to head back out to war...

I suggest we do Theocracy and Vassalage now, that we got the harborsmasters bonus for our navy, before that bonus is obsoleted. We need to keep the forges warm with arms being made, not church bells. We already got a strong lead in economy, now we need some elite forces to make ourselves secure!

Honorary Clerk of the Realm,

I support Provolutions suggestion. Theocracy and Vassalage it is.
The Free Market is up to others to decide, I am niether for or against.

If we are heading for vassalage and theocracy, I will change the build queues for Edorai right away.

I support Free Market as part of the package. Slavery should stay.

Vassalage, Slavery, and Theocracy it is, but note that cities should change to military build queues immediately after the revolution.

I must object. I am not prone to accept Slavery as our method of labor - why not adopt Caste System instead?

Also, I would like to remind my collegue Estate Generals that we must maintain order in here. I remind them to adress the Clerk of the Realm before speaking. You as well, Provoshogun. I am glad you are here to share the view of the Warlords with us.

I must object. I am not prone to accept Slavery as our method of labor - why not adopt Caste System instead?

Then what to do with Kassite, without Slavery Kassite cannot produce, unless given the Moai Statues. I too am heavily apposed to Slavery in all my games, but Kassite has 1 :hammers:, not even enough to get a single Military Unit, with in 27 turns.

I would imagine raising workshops on some of the Kassite flatlands would solve this problem. These would be enhanced by running Caste System.

Also, once again, I would like to remind Vandal Warlord of the rules and customs of this hall. You will adress the Clerk of the Realm before speaking.

Clerk of the Realm,

Workshops would work, and would be improved with caste system, but we can't keep caste system forever. Vandal also brings up a point about Kassite having one flatbed.

Other then this though I support switching to Caste System as long as the government has no more use for Slavery.

Top Bottom