States General Assembly Hall

These Civics were already changed this mourning.

Yes I saw this and I am glad. How did Christianity spread if we are under a Theocracy? This is why I didn't think you changed civics until I opened the save after posting.

The issue is not on the governed cities, but our recently captured Babylonian Cities, specificly Warfire and Babylon. But the conflict expanded when my request that Christianity was spread to Santiago, which led to Chrisianity spreading farther and now even reaching our heart, and Soul, Arete. And as I stated earlier, Civil War is approaching, whether now or later, we must resolve the conflict, by what ever means nessecary. I am personally all for not for Free Religion. Yes, I said what I meant, I am against Free religion right now but I am for theability for religious Buildings to be built, and that Holy Cities not be Sacked and Razed.

It is a mute point now, we do not need any heathen religious buildings for happiness and Monastaries were obsoleted by Scientific Method. There is a good case for razing Opus
GP- to settle a city to work the iron and marble.
RP- for the Ibbinise Crusade against the Heathen Muslims trying to gain a foothold on the continent.

The Estates General assembly Hall needs reform. vras vision of the public sqaure was good but it is not used. This leaves non-reps with absolutely no voice. I have three options that should suffice.

Option 1
The public square would become the place for debates (that will include non-reps) and only voting would be done here, by the reps.

Option 2
Open the EGAH to all citizens but only allow the reps to vote.

Option 3
Reform the Reps idea as we do not have enough active citizens. All citizens would then become reps and have power to discuss and vote.

BTW I am in favor of option 3 because we currently have 6 EGA members representing 8-9 citizens.

The Estates General assembly Hall needs reform. vras vision of the public sqaure was good but it is not used. This leaves non-reps with absolutely no voice. I have three options that should suffice.

Option 1
The public square would become the place for debates (that will include non-reps) and only voting would be done here, by the reps.

Option 2
Open the EGAH to all citizens but only allow the reps to vote.

Option 3
Reform the Reps idea as we do not have enough active citizens. All citizens would then become reps and have power to discuss and vote.

BTW I am in favor of option 3 because we currently have 6 EGA members representing 8-9 citizens.

Clerk of the Realm,

I understand the concern, but would argue that these proposed reforms here aren't quite needed yet.

The biggest concern and cause of the current strife (why the Square isn't functioning as intended) is to be frank, the lack of, you know...The Public.

Therefore, what we need is to heavily publize our Kingdom immedately. It was commented earlier by Honorables Ravensfire and Vandal that we would not want them to see this - what? We no longer want them to see the truth? Do we expect them to be only interested in times of peace? Hark, no! Most potential citizens would be electrified by the possiblity of a civil war, and the fact that they could choose to either assist it or stop it!

In order for the country to survive, we MUST boost the population, not change the system to account for small numbers. The Square MUST stay as it, because, it forms a key link of entry for citizens - the Square and the RPG work in tandem, removing the complexity of the system, and making it easier for new folks to fit into our country.

So, I repeat. Let us please please please start this move without delay, publicize our great nation (get that lovely ad up asap, have folks on hand to talk to new joiners), and allow this system of goveranance to be effective, and your nation, and this concept to grow and prosper.

I thank you for you time.

Your points are well taken and I am simply trying to correct what I feel is an injustice to the other 2 or 3 active citizens that have no voice. The whole point of the Assembly was to give the citizens a voice to their King and his PF. There are some who say they don't even know whats going on because, since they can't post, they don't even bother to read the EGA. The Public Square, which is supposed to be the discussion platform for all citizens, is the backbone of the EGAH and without it the system does exactly the opposite of its intended purpose.
I am all for getting us a section in the front page but it may be a hard sell to the Admin. I will PM a request and see what happens. Until then we can work out the details. I liked Diamondeyes ad though I think we need a little more added to it, lets all brainstorm.
In the meantime we need a compromise until our numbers are up. I can't sit by while a few of the few are left out of the discussions.

Honarary Clerk of the Relm,

I see the error of my ways and I agree with vra, but what I need to know is if our dear king will deside whether to allow the production of religious buildings, and whether or not we should have Freedom of Religion. What ever the descion Civil War will more than likely break out, not rebellion but Civil War.

Your points are well taken and I am simply trying to correct what I feel is an injustice to the other 2 or 3 active citizens that have no voice. The whole point of the Assembly was to give the citizens a voice to their King and his PF. There are some who say they don't even know whats going on because, since they can't post, they don't even bother to read the EGA. The Public Square, which is supposed to be the discussion platform for all citizens, is the backbone of the EGAH and without it the system does exactly the opposite of its intended purpose.
I am all for getting us a section in the front page but it may be a hard sell to the Admin. I will PM a request and see what happens. Until then we can work out the details. I liked Diamondeyes ad though I think we need a little more added to it, lets all brainstorm.
In the meantime we need a compromise until our numbers are up. I can't sit by while a few of the few are left out of the discussions.

Point wisely taken. We could always simply expand the pool of unaligned reps, which would solve the issue now and into the future.

Honarary Clerk of the Relm,

I see the error of my ways and I agree with vra, but what I need to know is if our dear king will deside whether to allow the production of religious buildings, and whether or not we should have Freedom of Religion. What ever the descion Civil War will more than likely break out, not rebellion but Civil War.

I have made my decision and stand by it. We are a Theocracy and can't have Heathens spreading false doctrine in the Kings lands. The might of the Crown and the Church will not stand for it.

Point wisely taken. We could always simply expand the pool of unaligned reps, which would solve the issue now and into the future.
That may hinder citizens from joining factions if they will lose their membership in the Assembly. Possibly 2 reps from each faction and 1 independent for every ?3? citizens.

That sums things up for me.

Honorable Clerk of the Realm,

I am confused by the sudden spread of christianity in Arete. Since we were already running a theocracy, the only possibility is that the DP (Vandal) spread the religion by missionaries. I suggest the EG find a suitable punishment for this atrocity - he acted before we had reached unity on this matter and improved his own standing in the conflict at hand. Unless Vandal can somehow prove that he did not spread the religion, I suggest his votes in the Slavery/Caste System discussion are considered ineligable.

Since we were already running a theocracy, the only possibility is that the DP (Vandal) spread the religion by missionaries. I suggest the EG find a suitable punishment for this atrocity - he acted before we had reached unity on this matter and improved his own standing in the conflict at hand. Unless Vandal can somehow prove that he did not spread the religion, I suggest his votes in the Slavery/Caste System discussion are considered ineligable.
I do not believe you can spread religion even with missionaries when in Theocracy, at least that was the case when I could run early patches of the vanilla game.

Ask for an explanation, yes, but really it is up to you to prove that he did spread it deliberately, not the other way around, at least in most world courts we have to prove guilt, not prove innocence.

I do not believe you can spread religion even with missionaries when in Theocracy, at least that was the case when I could run early patches of the vanilla game.

Ask for an explanation, yes, but really it is up to you to prove that he did spread it deliberately, not the other way around, at least in most world courts we have to prove guilt, not prove innocence.

You cannot spread a religion in a therocracy with Missonarys. And we already had Christianity before we got Therocracy, so it was only a matter of time.

Vandal is clear of all charges against the Church. If anyone has proof of any wrong doing in the future then we can look at facts. It would not have been possible for him to spread Christianity because it had spread prior to his TC. I have attached a screenie from Civplayahs TC Save.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0042.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0042.JPG
    179 KB · Views: 84
Clerk of the Realm,

We currently have 3 unnamed ships sailing for our navy, a galleon, a frigate, and a caravel.

This could have been caused for any reason, but it is not a big deal. However, I suggest that if we begin to publicize the game we should hold some sort of game to publicize the RPG section as well, allowing newcomers and elders alike to participate in a competition to name one of the three ships.

I would like to bring the situation of Kassite before the floor. They are not producing and require immediate action. I propose the next availabe workers build Workshops on the villages in Kassite. Once this is complete the citizens should begin construction of the Maoi Statues. This is a national issue and must come before the Assembly.

Top Bottom