1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Stationing Troops overseas

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game V: Citizens' started by ali, Nov 14, 2004.

1. ali

ali Chieftain

Ive noticed that many ppl are now looking at a brotherly protection of the smaller and weaker nations rather than extend our empire to include these nations we wish to see them remain automanous. We also seem worry of the military threat that China poses to both her neighbours on the other continent and to her future threat to us. Therefore I propose the following plan we gain RoP with America and Russia and begin building a few fortifications individual bases within these two countries and station troops in these areas in which to help protect Russia and America from a possible Chinese invasion until further reinforcements arrive from Japan. This should give us the critical time needed that could make the diffrence between the savious of these nations. When possible I would like a mutal protection pact be signed between these nations a series of network alliances aimed at off settllling Chinese aggression at a later date i ould like the Aztecs be included these troops will not act aggressively towards china unless in the likely event of a chinese invasion of Russa, America and maybe at a latter time Aztecs.

Regards ali

Please Discuss the pros and cons of this idea

2. ali

ali Chieftain

These forces should act in the same way as the American troops in the Cold war in western Europe, safegarding the peace, thus these troops will be peacemakers.

3. Provolution

Provolution Sage of Quatronia

Grand Admiral Ali

I agree 100 %. If we are to go for Diplomatic Victory, we need to ensure the survival of our diplomatic partners. We should at once consider a Bases Overseas Sovereignty System (BOSS), where a set of overseas bases in minor nations it is in our national interest to protect out of brotherly love to our future allies and friends, will indeed protect these nations sovereignty. I would also like to challenge all the anti-military inclined on how Japanatica should handle the future Mutual Protection Pact systems we would habe a limited control over. Which nations should we protect, which should we be neutral to and which should we counterattack to end a war on the other continent. I know several wanted the fall of Germany, but how many nations can fall before our diplomatic victory is Jeopardized?

4. Nobody

Nobody Gangster

no, we should defend our own citys

5. ali

ali Chieftain

Excellent General Provolution glad u agree i will begin selecting sites for the deployment of our bases for our engineers to plan construction for a review by you and the people

6. Provolution

I have some ideas on my own. I suggest you focus on the complex Russian theatre, and I give a bid on the American theatre. But I give you the final say here.

I suggest that we relocate the entire Imperial Commando to the other continent, and add
    half an artillery corps for fortifications

Imperial Commando
    Helloween Knight Cavalry
    7 Elite Samurai

Imperial Artillery Corps
    5 Cannons

Imperial National Guard
    8 Veteran Samurai

Imperial Expedition Corps
    6 Riflemen

Imperial Engineering Corps I and II
    12 Workers (Romans) to develop fortifications and infrastructure
    Settler

The Imperial Commando will cover the high risk area around Houston.
    The Imperial National Guard will cover American Bengal Enclave
    The Imperial Expedition Corps will cover American Heidelberg
    The Imperial Artillery Corps will be evenly distributed

LEGEND
    RED . OPERATIONAL AREA OF DEFENSE OF STRATEGIC PARTNER
    ORANGE . ARTILLERY COVERAGE
    YELLOW, MILITARY RAILROADS
    RED BOX, MOUNTAIN FORTRESS
    TRIPLE BOX, VIOLET; MILITARY PORT

WEST FRONT
    1. HELLOWEEN KNIGHT, ELITE SAMURAI, RIFLEMAN, CANNON
    2. 3 ELITE SAMURAI, CANNON
    3. 3 ELITE SAMURAI, CANNON

BENGAL ENCLAVE
    4. 8 VETERAN SAMURAI , CANNON

HEIDELBERG ENCLAVE
    5. 6 RIFLEMEN, CANNON

7. blackheart

blackheart unenlightened

I'm sorry, what? We should fortify our own cities first before going oversease, especially with the relatively weak garrisons.

8. Provolution

Our "relatively" weak garrisons has the most modern troops, and railroads mae us meet any threat should they emerge with our district commands. We can actually handle attacks from all nations on our continent at once as it is. However, a full scale war may call for a draft. I am aware that Governor Blackheart is an isolationist from the German debate, but now that Mutual Protection Pacts become an issue, Foreign Affairs may have some words on which nation overseas we should work with to go for a Diplo win.

9. blackheart

blackheart unenlightened

No, I am not an isolationist. I just didn't see the point in helping Germany due to the fact that we couldn't get troops over there in time, and the few troops we could have brought wouldn't have made much of a difference.

A draft is what I want to avert. We would be hardpressed to bring up reserves from our core cities to the front lines without leaving the core unprotected.

10. Provolution

Blackheatr, do you want a Democracy or a Republic ?

11. blackheart

blackheart unenlightened

I'm fine with both. Reconsidering the aggressiveness of the MSAV and our willingness to intervene in the new world, I lean towards Republic.

12. Provolution

MSAV is not aggressive, but China will invade America and Russia at any time.
    We need enough votes for a diplo win, and that is more than 50 %.
    Rather call MSAV proactive and democratic. We present ideas, and we poll the ones with the most support.

13. blackheart

blackheart unenlightened

Japanatican will invade any nation at any time. There's a probable chance for anything to happen. At the rate we're going we're not going to get a diplo win, we are simply too far ahead of everyone else.

Making up invasion plans for countries that are neutral and have been neutral is not aggressive? Maybe MSAV should be intrusive and beauracratic.

14. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

With regards to diplo victory, I don't think the AI cares if you have troops in their territory. We'd need a continued ROP deal, too. They may or may not accept a plain ROP for ROP.

15. Ginger_Ale

Ginger_Ale Lurker Retired Moderator

They probably would CT, as long as our territory is bigger.

I don't see the need for this. Why put units on the other continent when we can keep them here in case of a sneak attack ??

16. blackheart

blackheart unenlightened

Why don't we just stick with a rapid deployment plan and have our troops waiting in transports outside their territory?

17. Provolution

Blackheart, Rapid is not rapid, make a turn count. Propose tangible solutions, not only come with questions.

18. Ashburnham

Ashburnham Chieftain

I would say we're jumping the gun in this discussion. The only reason we should put troops in another country's territory is if they are in danger of invasion and we have a Mutual Protection Pact with them. At the moment, no nations are clearly in danger, and we don't even have the technology for MPPs. Perhaps we should hold off on this discussion until we have a clearer picture of who our allies are going to be, and how much protection they really need.

19. Provolution

It is very straightforward, America will be our ally against China, all indications say that.
    We are not jumping the gun, we are forward thinking. America is indeed in danger for an invasion Neville Ashburnham :) Just look at the many US enclaves and the balkanized map. Only Aztecs got orderly borders.

20. blackheart

blackheart unenlightened

Rapid deployment IS tangible. We stick a few transports loaded with troops outside someones territory. It saves us the trouble of having to move troops from one end of the continent to another and back to our continent. Doesn't really matter what format the solution in, is it?

Now you're jumping the gun. Who says China is our enemy at the moment? What if America decides to show us the tip of their olive branches? Really, it is dishonorable to go around making allies against a nation that is NEUTRAL towards us. If we really want an ally against the Chinese, why not ask the Russians? China's lands are divided by Russian lands, and the Russians are more tech advance.