Stats and ORBATs: Unit statistics and Order of Battle resources.

Tanelorn

Deity
Making a historical scenario especially, unit stats and placement are often a major consideration or even a hurdle to overcome.
Over the years I have collected or built refference resources time and again, intending to make scenarios I never finish. These resources get lost, forgotten, sites go down forever and all that.
Time to share.
I will be posting unit statistics and Order of Battle documents on this thread.

Here is a collection of WW2 aircraft rating stats from the GDW Europa series, here:
Europa series and articles on the Europa magazine. All information is easily accessible online.
It is a work in progress and a lot is my own original research, so it is what it is.
I will be correcting and completing the document as I go. Any input or feedback is welcome.
Lets start with American produced aircraft. British aircraft will be next.

Attachments

• Aircraft Ratings Ver 0.1.xls
    43.5 KB · Views: 21
ORDERS OF BATTLE
WARSAW PACT ORDER OF BATTLE 1988 by Mr. Andy Johnson.
NATO ORDER OF BATTLE 1989 V8.6 by Mr. Johnson, updated by Pat Callahan:

Attachments

• warsaw-pact-order-of-battle-1988.pdf
    592.2 KB · Views: 41
  • nato-order-of-battle-mod-8.doc
    4.4 MB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Another good source for battle stats are British Battles
This site covers most of Britain's major battles during the 17th, 18th and 19th century. Currently I'm using the source for my updated AWI scenario.

I'm planning to use regimental units which can't be rebuild unlimited. Attached are the current unit roster I'm using. Credits going of course to @Fairline, who has drawn the main units some time ago. I just modified them a little bit for making the regimental units looking different.
AWI_Units.png

Included stats for German aircraft. Italian planes next.

Attachments

• Aircraft Ratings Ver 0.3.xls
    107.5 KB · Views: 15
Included stats for Italian and Soviet aircraft. French planes next.

Attachments

• Aircraft Ratings Ver 0.4.xls
    174 KB · Views: 13
Added French, Japanese and Other Nations (Poland, Sweden etc.) aircraft. The Japanese list is good for early war maybe, it needs some work.
Then I will move to ship ratings.

Attachments

• Aircraft Ratings Ver 0.5.xls
    197.5 KB · Views: 13
Completed the Japenese list the best I could, from the Glory series and online sources. Added some entries to the Germans, Italians and some really obscure ones to the other nations list from vassal scenarios and the like. Those marked with an asterisk are from a derivative board game source but some of the ratings are too generous, I think.

Attachments

• Aircraft Ratings Ver 0.6.xls
    207.5 KB · Views: 19
Ship ratings for the Royal Navy in WW2, all major classes.
In Civ2 terms, I would half the attack (gunnery) rating of Battleships and double the defence rating of everything. E and F I would make into 1 defence, C and D to 2 and B to 3.
For example, the :
Queen Elizabeth 1942 Jul​
41 BB 5 6-0/6​
would be attack 20, defence 10, move 6 2x against air and I would use the displacement number to calculate hitpoints.
Kriegsmarine next

Attachments

• Ship Ratings.xls
    25 KB · Views: 18
Added the Kriegsmarine ship ratings. Captured ships not included yet. Italian Regia Marina next.

Attachments

• Ship Ratings 0.2.xls
    31 KB · Views: 16
I am not making up these numbers myself.
10 x 356mm main guns vs 8 x 380mm main guns.
Its one way to look at it. Besides, there's who actually ended up in the drink to consider.

Added most of the Italian Regia Marina and the US navy minus their subs and started with the Imperial Japanese navy and small navies.
Also, histotical macrotrends by country, like manufacturing, trade etc by country

Attachments

• Ship Ratings ver 0.3.xls
    57 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
I am not making up these numbers myself.
10 x 356mm main guns vs 8 x 380mm main guns.
Its one way to look at it. Besides, there's who actually ended up in the drink to consider.
KGV's armour scheme was much better than Bismarck, especially at range, and Bismarck was almost entirely reliant on it's superb visual sighting, whereas the RN ships had far better radar gun laying. There's a lot of mythology surrounding Bismarck which wasn't borne out when it came to face Nelson and KGV.

Top Bottom