1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Statue of Liberty in GS

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by DogeEnricoDandolo, Aug 13, 2019.

1. DogeEnricoDandolo

DogeEnricoDandolo Prince

I just found out this Wonder still grants 2 Settlers in GS. I thought this was removed and replaced with Diplomatic Victory points as pointed out in the patch note. Turn out you have both the Settlers and the points? I don't think this was the case before the release of the June patch? Anyone knows, or is it just because some weird mod interactions that I have?

2. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

3. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am.

4. DogeEnricoDandolo

DogeEnricoDandolo Prince

Oh thank you, can you please suggest what mod might be causing this issue or a method of fixing it? I will be very grateful. I read the thread you gave and still not quite sure how to fix.

5. Laurana Kanan

I added the following to the Expansion1.modinfo for the UpdateDatabase action of the "Data/Expansion1_Expansion2.xml" file:
    Code:
    <Properties>
       <!-- LK: Ensure data is loaded after other database changes -->
       <LoadOrder>1</LoadOrder>
    </Properties>

Note: There's the chance the loading issue is being caused by a mod, but I really didn't want to try and track it down, if it even existed, when a simpler solution was available. I also haven't had time to play more than a couple partial games since the June Update, so I can't guarantee there haven't been any further database changes that might affect this issue.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
    raen, tedhebert, FearSunn and 2 others like this.
  6. DogeEnricoDandolo

DogeEnricoDandolo Prince

Thank you very much :)

Laurana Kanan likes this.
  7. Deliverator

Deliverator Graphical Hackificator

I sometimes have the feeling that Firaxis don't really understand how LoadOrder works in their own game.

Ondolindë and Laurana Kanan like this.
  8. Victoria

I have just been looking at city strength which includes palace guard.
    It seems to be +3 (the old setting) but when you build a unit there it pops up to +8 and was wondering if LoadOrder could be to blame also.

9. Laurana Kanan

As far as I'm aware the Palace Guard is always +3, and only in the capital. Unless you have Victor there with his promotion that adds +5 (or my infrastructure mod that adds +6 with Urban Defenses :)), which works for any city. These are the only modifiers that use the "EFFECT_ADJUST_CITY_INNER_DEFENSE" effect. It's probably the Garrisoned Unit amount that is changing when a unit is built.

Victoria likes this.
  10. Victoria

Lazy buggers, tx

11. steveg700

steveg700 Deity

On a side note, the loyalty effect of the statue is quite odd given the theme. I don't think the people of New York were thinking of seceding when the statue showed up.

I usually wind up building this on some lone city out on an island.

12. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

True, but much earlier during the Revolutionary war there were quite a few loyalists in the New York area. You could say the statue gave New Yorkers their own identity.

13. Boris Gudenuf

Boris Gudenuf Deity

- And there were serious Anti-Draft riots in New York City in 1863, so even if they were loyal, they weren't That loyal.

Whenever I play as England/Britain, I make sure to build York as a harbor city so I can build the statue in Old York.

And, of course, whenever I see the statue in the game I remember the description in "The Digging of the Ween", an essay supposedly by a far-future archeologist describing excavations in this major harbor of the 'We' or 'Us' ancient peoples:
    "A very inhospitable people, in the middle of their principle harbor they had a statue holding a club aloft to drive away any would-be immigrants or visitors . . ."

At the time it was written (late 1950s) it was Satire. Now, unfortunately, it reads like Prediction.

AlannaT, Meluhhan, AsH2 and 1 other person like this.
  14. lotrmith

lotrmith King

So long as they can read english and this inscription survives, it'll be okay.

Plus I'm pretty sure any advanced race would know what a torch looks like, and the symbolism of a torch held up as a beacon rather than held out as a ward.

AsH2, CoconutTank and steveg700 like this.
  15. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

That fixed it on my setup (and current game).
    I'll have to check further with at least one fresh game-start too. But i expect it should work also. To think.. such a simple property twist would just have been properly edited in by Firaxis staff while they were into the spring Patching tasks. We got screwed up ever since, sadly.
    Thanks a bunch LK!

Laurana Kanan likes this.
  16. Unaha-Closp

Unaha-Closp Chieftain

Hey glad it's not just me who had this bug. Two mods I ran were More Lenses and Map Search Extension - together they give 2 Settlers but individually no problems. Had no clue it was a load order bug - last time I even considered those words was when I was playing Skyrim ages ago and faffing about with my ignorance and nexus mods. Will have to reenable them and try this fix. Please give me +1 faith so I don't mess it up.

WillowBrook likes this.
  17. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

Just got the two free settlers along with the diplo points in GS while playing last night. Not going to complain about the freebie, I presume they'll fix it eventually. :p

18. Ondolindë

Ondolindë Emperor

This made me chuckle and I completely agree.

19. AsH2

AsH2 Prince

..or they would keep looking for the pitch fork.

20. DogeEnricoDandolo

DogeEnricoDandolo Prince

I just found out the Environmental Reskin Mod also messed up the Winged Hussars, since this unit no longer requires Iron if the mod is active. I wonder if this has anything to do with the Load order and how to fix it.