1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Statue of Liberty Text Incorrect

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Bug Reports' started by Steev42, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Steev42

Steev42 Chieftain

In the production menu, the tooltip for the Statue of Liberty still says gain 2 settlers instead of +1 Victory Point.

EDIT: 1.0.0.290

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
  2. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am.

I just noticed this today on version 1.0.0.317. And, it's not just the text being wrong. The actual effect of granting two settlers instead of the VPs also occurs. It also seems kind of random as on five different reloads I saw the "correct" effect only once.

It seems to be a LoadOrder issue with Expansion1_Expansion2.xml. I could of sworn I'd seen many other people comment on this, but I only found a couple posts on reddit. In any event, I added a LoadOrder of "1" to the file so it will load after the regular XP1 files and that seems to have fixed the issue.

Infixo likes this.
  3. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

Well -- looks like that "flaw" still occurs even with the June-Patch. I had expected a proper fix from Firaxis (to XP2 code files) for this *or* it might yet have other direct issues caused by a mystery mod or -as claimed above- by some Load-Order failure(s).

Any ideas? Not sure about the edit solution "1" suggested by @Laurana Kanan .. which file it is exactly?

4. cuso210

cuso210 Chieftain

I just had this problem. Someone on reddit said it was the mod Better Report Screen, which I use. I disabled it, since it doesn't affect saved games, reloaded and then it was fine. Do any of you play with this mod? I still have not test if this bug happens without it but if you have the mod it may be it.

5. Infixo

Infixo Warlord

6. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

The only "reasonable" condition i could detect with that weird stuff is that it mostly happens with custom maps (YnAMP, etc). There might be other factors involved like indirectly corrupted Debug-Data files -- simply because the swap *must* be declared in default states of Front-End systems anyway, i guess.

In similar terms of the RF/GS Menu animation screw up.. @Zur13 & I accidentally discovered last week (When bench-testing his newest Z-UnitMarks stuff) that the References or Compatibility properties (as declared by us or simply absent) could be responsible for such wacky effects too. The strangest thing is that even your (@Infixo ) "Real-Nobel-Prize" mod causes that RF/GS menu flaw also. Very strange! :mischief:

I think both situations are somehow related. Either via Modbuddy compiling or outright code wrecking of recent patching steps taken by Firaxis.

7. Weraptor

Weraptor Chieftain

@dshirk this has been in-game for ages! Apparently it's an issue with how the game processes Load Orders.

Jkchart likes this.
  8. Deliverator

Deliverator Graphical Hackificator

If LoadOrder isn't specified then I think it defaults to the timestamp (last modified date) of the XML/SQL files. So you can randomly be OK for a while and then the LoadOrder can change when one of the files is touched by an update for some reason. For this reason it's possibly that Firaxis have struggled to recreate the issue. LoadOrder definitely needs to be specified to ensure the correct load order in all circumstances. I think the same issue is also why you sometimes get the Rise & Fall Menu screen when Gathering Storm is enabled.

Infixo likes this.