Statue of Zeus conflicts with Knight's Templar

Ciceronian

Latin Scholar
Playing C3C 1.22 I have encountered a bug which I haven't ever heard of anyone encountering. I'd built the Statue of Zeus in my only city (this was a One City Challenge) and later on (before Metallurgy!) I built the Knight's Templar. So now I should be getting an Ancient Cavalry and an Crusader every 5 turns, but what actually happened is that I no longer got any Cavalry but only Crusaders every 5 turns! Anyone ever had this or heard of this?

No... I've built both of them, but not in the same city though...

Not sure. I'll run a test tomorrow.

You didn't lose your access to ivory did you?

Never had them in one ctiy either, but as the Beaver said, if you no longer have Ivory, no more AC's.

Interesting. I didn't know that the AC's production depended on Ivory. You still get the culture and commerce from the Statue if you lose your Ivory right?

Yup. I ran into the loss of units when I traded to get ivory to built the wonder and when the traded was not renewed, bye bye AC.

Last game I played, I traded for Ivory, built the Statue of Zeus in a mere 8 turns, so I cranked out two AC's before the agreement elapsed. I later set up a new trade with my ivory supplier and churned out a few more AC's before I discovered metallurgy.

I've built them in the same city before, too (when I had a domestic ivory source) and encountered no break in troop production. Now, MAYBE if there's a glitch, it comes when/if the five turn interval for both wonders syncs up. When I had them both in one city, they were not in sync; I'd get an AC, and get a Crusader two turns later (so I'm getting AC's on turns 5 and 10, say, and getting Crusaders on 7 and 12. If they both are due to come on 5 and 10, maybe that's what causes this glitch. Or maybe as others have suggested your Ivory supply was disconnected).

:blush: Silly me, I lost my source of Ivory. But it happened at the same time as me building the Knight's Templar, so I blamed it on that. But I'd always thought you'd continue getting Cavs without Ivory.
Thanks everyone for the responses and the help! :goodjob:

Same thing happened to me, though I never noticed.:crazyeye:

Traded for ivory and built the SoZ.:p But no AC's.:(

Top Bottom