Status

Berenthor

King
I will keep this thread pinned to show the current progress of the mod. Does anyone know how to sticky the thread?

Progress:
  • DLL work -- 100% done
  • Civilizations -- 80% done (only art left)
  • Leaders -- 50% done
  • Units -- 0% done
  • Technologies -- 0% done
  • Religions -- 60% done (only removing FFH religions left)

Awesome!

How's our tech tree looking? I know we have a list of techs, but have we attached all of the buildings/units/whatnot to it?

No we haven't done that yet. I want to finish the leaders first, but I'm running into some difficulties finding pictures for the remaining leaders that fit with the rest. If you have some, please post them.

I think the first order of business is actually getting the tech tree and the units in. I would leave the buildings really to the end.

It's a big stash to be sure, but I'm mostly looking for art for leaders that aren't common: Bor and Ulfang, Beor and Beorn (something that doesn't look so cartoony), Bard, two haradrim leaders and the leaders for Numenor, and the leaders of the broadbeams and firebeards.
I would prefer colored images and not black and white. For some leaders like Hyarmandacil and the dwarves of Longbeards I just looked for fantasy pictures but if people have good suggestions they are very welcome.

Another thing: I don't like the name "broadbeams and firebeards". Does anyone have a suggestion of shortening it like we did with the men of dale, laketown and stuff to Northmen?

woot! Things are happening! If ever you want help from the community in finding things you should have a thread asking us to help as well. I know I would gladly spend some free time doing some menial tasks like searching for pictures and stuff even if I can't commit to being a full-time modder.

Thanks for offering the help. There was a list in post #7 :). I'll add it here a little nicer:
Needed art for leaderheads (dimensions at least 512x572 or bigger). I can create the actual dds files for it and the icons, so only the actual image is needed.
Another criteria is that it is color and hopefully does not look cartoony. Look at the current leaders for examples.

Leader art needed:
  • Bor
  • Ulfang
  • Beor
  • Beorn (something that doesn't look so cartoony)
  • Bard
  • two haradrim leaders
  • leaders for Numenor
  • leaders of the broadbeams and firebeards

You dont need to wait. If you want this "Damn" mod so badly, go do it yourself. It isn't easy as you see.

Indeed. Unfortunately real life does come into play. As for me, I am currently working 6 days a week, plus have other things on my plate and have little to no time whatsoever. I am sorry that this has stalled once again, but there is little anyone can do about it.

Indeed. Unfortunately real life does come into play. As for me, I am currently working 6 days a week, plus have other things on my plate and have little to no time whatsoever. I am sorry that this has stalled once again, but there is little anyone can do about it.

Moderator Action: *snip* we have no tolerance for flaming here.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Actually. It is really sad to see a really promising and suitable for Civ 4 project die down like this. Civ 5 is here within a few months and I bet the interest in finishing this mod after that is pretty much zero.

Could you at least upload what you have? No matter then whether it is a working mod or not. I know several people who are going to continue developing for Civ4 even after 5 appears, and they might benefit from the work you've already done. Just don't let it all disappear out into space.

Where are all the team members? Isn't there one single person of the original team who can continue and uphold the progress?

Will you be making a Civ5 version of Middle Earth?

Ahhh man! Don't give up guys. Up until recently I upgraded from Civ 3 to Civ 4. And there are still people that make mods for Civ 3. So never give up. Plus I hear that Civ 5 will transform Civ 4 maps into Civ 5. Kudos and keep up the good work!!!

Moderator Action: *snip*

I do thank you for your interest in our project. I am sorry if you feel slighted, but this line of attack won't really help anything move along.

Di di Mao
Ahhh man! Don't give up guys.

I haven't given up. However, I am not one of the programmers. I am just the organizer really. I have not been able to get in contact with the programmers for some time. I will keep trying, but there really isn't anything I can do about that.

Before I release anything (which I only have access to some very early preliminary maps) I would need to talk to the others.

I will see what I can do.

Top Bottom