Stay the Hand and Unit Merging Issues

Joij21

🔥Hail Satan!🔥
So I've been using stay the hand and unit merging a lot and have noticed they don't work right in large stacks.

Whenever I click on some units sometimes it allows me to do it and sometimes it doesn't. It gets kind of annoying because sometimes I'll select a whole stack to have stay the hand but then find out half the units in the stack are not using the promotion. Then I get bogged down by all the stupid animals damaging my stack which slows me down and forces me to heal after every march.

What's worse is that whenever I look at the stack sometimes it will only let certain units stay the hand but others can't. Sometimes it somehow gets fixed whenever I separate the variety of units within the stack into separate stacks. Also sometimes a whole stack will have the promotion and then randomly between turns like half the stack will lose the promotion because it just feels like it.

This same thing is also happening to the merging mechanic. Sometimes I'll be able to merge a unit one turn and then the game decides to not allow me to do it the next turn, even when I have all the requirements for it. Like I'll be able to merge three stone axemen into a strength six unit one turn and then be unable to do the same thing another.

Sounds like each of those situations is its own puzzle to work out. Not all units can stay the hand btw, only those who have a chance to potentially have the game modify their behavior as a result of the setting.

Sounds like each of those situations is its own puzzle to work out. Not all units can stay the hand btw, only those who have a chance to potentially have the game modify their behavior as a result of the setting.

I mean they all could receive the promotion as I gave it to them many times during the same game before. It just seems that the game might have trouble storing the memory as to which have it and which do not.

I mean they all could receive the promotion as I gave it to them many times during the same game before. It just seems that the game might have trouble storing the memory as to which have it and which do not.
If anything is automated it's possible it could be switching. And you could be pointing towards an actual bug that comes from some stuff I have no knowledge of because I haven't been part of all the refactoring going on.

Top Bottom