steal a babylon acadamy

Hmm... Everyone? :rolleyes:
The real question is who's gonna bother with Honor no matter what the circumstances are, but I'm surely not going to revive this debate once again. :)

People who learned2rush, as they say. Well executed rushes can win the game all the way up to Immortal. Not everyone here is trying to beat Deity... in fact, I'd reckon it is probably the least popular difficulty setting so I don't get why everyone on these forums seems obsessed with talking only deity strategies.

This scenario is so rare that its hardly worth going on about it.

People who learned2rush, as they say. Well executed rushes can win the game all the way up to Immortal. Not everyone here is trying to beat Deity... in fact, I'd reckon it is probably the least popular difficulty setting so I don't get why everyone on these forums seems obsessed with talking only deity strategies.

It's not a deity thing. It's an optimization thing. Most Deity players can rush on lower levels as evidenced by GoTM 60. Going Honor is just sub-optimal in all difficulties if you care about that sort of thing.

On the contrary, if you're going for a purely military strategy (ie: a rush, intending to end the game with ancient or classical era units) anything that doesn't A) increase production or B) increase troop effectiveness is suboptimal. For example-- thinking it is helping your rush by filling out tradition. Filling out trees like that is good for the long game, not a quick military rush. Hence, why I think its stupid that everyone says honor is useless. There are better trees if you are planning to do your domination in them Medieval era or later. If you are trying to quickly roll the map, honor is definitely the way to go. And no, not speaking about diety.

I believe folks that say going honor is suboptimal is because it takes longer to gain policies unless you're farming barbs.

On the contrary, if you're going for a purely military strategy (ie: a rush, intending to end the game with ancient or classical era units) anything that doesn't A) increase production or B) increase troop effectiveness is suboptimal. For example-- thinking it is helping your rush by filling out tradition. Filling out trees like that is good for the long game, not a quick military rush. Hence, why I think its stupid that everyone says honor is useless. There are better trees if you are planning to do your domination in them Medieval era or later. If you are trying to quickly roll the map, honor is definitely the way to go. And no, not speaking about diety.

Liberty helps you not only rush but keep on going. Republic for faster stuff including Archers, free Settler to save hammers/gold, free Worker to save more hammers/gold + get more gold from improving your lux, etc. This applies to any difficulty. If I was playing Emperor I'm still goong Liberty to steamroll over things. Just because something works does not make it a good idea. I have done some really dumb stuff on Deity(you don't wanna know :blush:)before and still won but that doesnt mean it was a good idea

Top Bottom