1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Steam achievements?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by RobO, Oct 2, 2010.

1. RobO

RobO King

It seems that they are there only to inspire me to do things.

Do I get any concrete result from unlocking an achievement - other than the satisfaction (as such, some of them are quite wimpy)?

Also, does anyone know if using a mod disables the achievements?

2. Fin

Fin Warlord

I don't know about the mod thing, but yeah, achievements are just there to give you little things to do in order to give yourself "bragging rights". I suppose they're also there to get people to play in ways or as civilizations that they normally wouldn't play as. C:

3. Justicex

Justicex Prince

The only game I've found that actually gives you something for achievements is Dissidia on the PSP.

Bragging Rights FTW! :D

4. Wonky

Wonky Chieftain

I get no achievements when using mods, but I assume you have to in order to get at least one of them..

Or come to think of it.. maybe it's just broken because I don't have that one either! :p

5. RobO

RobO King

Well, it looks like I'll be using mods from now on. The basic game just doesn't cut it.

6. Maniacal

Maniacal the green Napoleon

Any mod appears to disable the achievements, except for the 'achievement' to play a mod.

Achievements are just for fun, though reading through Civ5's, they put a lot more effort into them than most other developers do.

7. dannythefool

dannythefool King

I actually got the mod achievement when I went back and played one of the normal tutorial scenarios! I have a mod downloaded but I've never played a game with it enabled.