1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Steam crash

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Technical Support' started by terveurn, Feb 14, 2013.

1. terveurn

terveurn Warlord

Went to play Civ V after it has just updated itself

The desktop icon no longer auto-loads Civ V but jumps to the steam web site / store (maybe steam want me to buy Civ V again)

I can launch directly from steam://rungameid/8930 but the desktop is done

Anyone else having a simular issues with steam tonight

Moderator Action: Moved to tech support.

2. SouljahAtWar

SouljahAtWar Wasteland Souljah

I had some problems with Steam last night. Bloody Steam.

3. fuzzatron717

fuzzatron717 Holy Warrior

Same thing a couple nights ago actually.

4. Breezin

Breezin Warlord

You have to delete your old short cut and make a new one. Also, creating a dx11 or dx9 shortcut so it chooses the correct version automatically doesn't work anymore. you have to go back to choosing manually.

Hopefully, it will be fixed shortly.

5. terveurn

terveurn Warlord

This just sucks......

To take this off topic (just a bit) watching the new Simcity which is going to be released in 3 weeks - you can not even own the software anymore - just an online game.

If steam is having this many issues with just maintaining the upgrades for Civ V, I can just imagine the aggravation with the new Simcity <aarg>

Now I have to decided if I want to spend 80 for this possible online headache......

And just what is going to happen when these online companies go out of business - you do not have anything left and your out the money for the purchase - again, this sucks.....