1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Steam is a fantastic company

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by plesniak, May 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plesniak

plesniak Warlord

You should google Steam Customer service to see just how fantastic they r. I have nothing bad to say about Steam. They are wonderful...If any company decides to use steam for digital distribution, You should buy that game no questions asked.

Hopefully all games will soon be distributed by this forward thinking, customer service oriented company.

P.S.-Hopefully this thread doesn't get closed for ranting about Steam and how good they are!!

2. Senethro

Senethro Overlord

Perhaps you missed the point of why your thread was closed but this isn't the Steam forum. Its a civilization forum.

3. plesniak

plesniak Warlord

yes I know it is not a steam forum...However, Civ5 will have a major component involving Steam and this is a Civ 5 forum. Also it does not appear that Steam really even pays attention to thier forums regarding complaints or unhappy customers, perhaps a customer oriented company like Firaxis/2K will take note of some of the concerns that thier loyal fan base express and pass it on to the almighty Steam

My point is that my thread wouldn't have been closed if I had gave steam glowing praises...I find that a little odd.

My original goal was to inform ppl of my "typical" experience with Steam and encourage ppl to google the habits of this fine company and decide for themselves.

4. Senethro

Senethro Overlord

This thread will be closed as well as it is similarly offtopic.

I hope the "ppl" give the opinion of some internet guy all the merit it deserves.

5. plesniak

plesniak Warlord

My opinion is one of a consumer who bought a game through Steam and had nothing but problems and in the end I have a game that I cannot play and Steam could care less.

I am sure that ppl will do what they like, However, I think ppl should be able to share thier opinions based on experiences that they have had with said company. This is one of the freedoms that our armed forces protect every day...Freedom of speech.

6. Senethro

Senethro Overlord

What you have written here is surely valuable enough to be protected by your soldiers, as was intended by your founding fathers.

Sometimes I wish for freedom from speech.

7. plesniak

plesniak Warlord

U are not comprehending what I say...The fact that I am able to express my opinions is what our boys fight for...not necessarily the content of my opinion.

8. LiDDiS

LiDDiS Warlord

steam is a pretty cool guy. eh kills aliens and DOESN'T AFRAID OF ANYTHING

9. ori

ori Repair Guy Super Moderator

Moderator Action: If you wish to discuss a specific moderator action - take it up with the moderator in questions or the admins via email or private message. Public Discussion of Moderator Action is strictly disallowed by forum rules. Thread closed.
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.