1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Steam Issues on Google=43.600.000+hits

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Civ-Fan1977, May 17, 2010.

1. Shurdus

Shurdus Am I Napoleon?

You and your logic... Be very careful there, or you may get a reply WRITTEN IN ALL CAPS FOR EMPHASIS, claiming that YOU DID NOT EVEN CHECK THIS and that YOU CANNOT SAY THAT IT IS NOT TRUE BECAUSE YOU DID NOT CHECK THE RESULTS! You are amongst THOSE WHO CANNOT SEE CLEARLY!

This thread can be closed it seems, because the OP does not adress anything valid, nor does the OPer intend to discuss anything.

2. Chalks

Chalks The blue pieces

I am hoping that when he replies to me, he will do it 6 times in a row.

3. eireksten

eireksten Protective/Organized

Hehe :)

Finally a Steam related thread both sides of the argument can agree on. That search is utter rubbish.

You didn't even search for the phrase "Steam Issues", you searched for documents containing the words "Steam" and "Issues". The first on for instance:

"Steam is a digital distribution, digital rights management, multiplayer and communications platform developed by Valve Corporation"
    "issues a new update"

Which has nothing to do with any problems with Steam. Then further down, you start getting articles on steam generators. Of course you'll find reported problems on Steam, but you can't say anything about how many they are, how many are instances of the same problem, or even if many of them have been fixed.

Heck, I made a search for the phrase

"Google Issues"

It returned 131.000.000 documents. And that's even without google having a ton of different meanings. According to your logic, we really should stop trusting google. Which suddenly means your search again was useless.

4. Beardy Dan

Beardy Dan Warlord

"Steam is great" got 45,200,000 results.

As 45.2> 43.6 Steam is Great, mathematically proven. :goodjob:

5. Shurdus

Shurdus Am I Napoleon?

Epic win. :goodjob:

6. civ_king

civ_king Deus Caritas Est

Here I got
    Steam issues 22,700,000
    Steam is great 52,500,000

7. CTH

CTH Prince

Dude, take it easy. Either you are not familiar with the English word for vaporised liquid which happens to be, wait for it, STEAM, or you just want to ignore that fact because that would make your argument invalid.

8. Zhahz

Zhahz PC Gamer

Some folks on this forum need to grow up - you're making this a miserable place to visit with your childish behavior.

Also, FYI, civfanatics is rather international - not all users here employ perfect English. Anyone who's been around and isn't just here to insult people daily would probably know this.

9. Vordrax

Vordrax Chieftain

I just Googled My IQ is 147 and got 3,330,000 results. How come none of these geniuses can fix Steam?!

10. Shurdus

Shurdus Am I Napoleon?

Because people do not know what they want?

A lot of the people in here complain and complain and complain and then come up with solutions that are not solutions at all, or they would say 'if only steam does X' while steam has done X for several years already. 'Fixing' steam means nothing unless you can specifically state what is is that you want. Programmers do not 'fix' stuff, they make specific changes that they can explain - in detail - what it does.

Unless you can state exactly what it is you want then your comment is entirely unfair and unreasonable. If you can say exactly what it is you want then please state it and get it over with.

11. Savoir10

Savoir10 Warlord

I have no need to Google anything. I have used "Steam" for 2 years without a single "issue". Why fix something, that clearly isn't broken.

12. Vordrax

Vordrax Chieftain

It seems we are unfamiliar with the concept of intentional irony.

13. AlpsStranger

AlpsStranger Jump jump on the tiger!

If you're having this much trouble with Steam you might have an 1D10T-PEBKAC error. I am afraid there is no easy fix for this error.

14. Shurdus

Shurdus Am I Napoleon?

Or, and this is more likely, we thought you were one of the endless stream of mindless flamers.

It is not that farfetched.

15. Vordrax

Vordrax Chieftain

I apologize for not being one-dimensional.

16. toft

toft King

Might be:

Steam from a boiler,
    a train,
    a toytrain,
    a kettle,
    a volcano,
    basicly anything NOT related to the software that happens to be called steam.

17. Shurdus

Shurdus Am I Napoleon?

Appology accepted, just do not let it happen again! :nono:

18. Savoir10

Savoir10 Warlord

Sorry. Thought you were from the dark side of the force. Or am I from the dark side. Guess it's all subjective.

19. the343danny

the343danny Emperor

"steam issues" with the quotations puts up 57.7k results

This is including all the pages with the non Valve steams, and also keep in mind that Steam has so many users.

20. Sterf

Sterf Warlord

'stupid discussion' gives 46 000 000 results too, wow that must mean something. And 'you people should stop arguing idiotic points' 125 000 result, what about that?