1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Steam Patch

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Melchizel, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Melchizel

Melchizel Chieftain

Hi All,

I just patch my steam app and now it tells me that there is a problem with my connection or steam network. :cry:

My question is, how can I play CIV5 and bypass steam?

2. renohol

renohol Warlord

I can't connect to stupid Steam either, I hate Steam because of all the Spam i get when I quit a game of Civ 5

3. Fistalis

Fistalis Prince

legally you can't. Putting steam in offline mode and keeping it that way would have prevented this.. but then you cant patch CiV.. so.. ya:sad:

4. Melchizel

Melchizel Chieftain

That is ********, that I cannot play a single player game because steam is down. Well, thanks for the reply guys. :)

5. shinkicker

shinkicker Warlord

I have Steam set to "offline" and never see any spam - just 3 warning screens when I start Civ5, easily dismissed with a click.

The Steam servers might be under a huge load today because of the Medal of Honor open beta?

6. JoxerNL

JoxerNL Warlord

try putting steam in offline mode now boot it up and try your game.

It should work, just make sure to try to connect properly tommorow, or whenever there's a patch.

7. JoxerNL

JoxerNL Warlord

Actually about 2 hours ago the Left For Dead 1 and 2 new chapter was released "the sacrifice" and seems to be bogging down everything as it's about 3 gigs a download.

8. renohol

renohol Warlord

That may be why, just sux when u need your civ fix u can't get it, i guess i've been spoiled for about 20 yrs of civ that's spam free and playable when u want.

9. lynxxyarly

lynxxyarly Warlord

Try exploring the settings and turning that stuff off. It exists. Just because you're too lazy to look at the settings tab and turn it off is not a problem you should be amassing to the public about how you 'hate stupid steam'.

Solutions exist and if you spent less time complaining about the 'problem' and actually trying to resolve your issue in a more adult manner, we wouldn't have to be reading your forum spam about the overused hate of steam. In reality, however, your hate of steam really just translates to your lack of the very obvious disregard to the options laid out in the settings tab.

10. renohol

renohol Warlord

it's ok, I'd rather just complain til they get their act together and wiat to play it then try something that will make just trying to play my game even more stressful

11. JoxerNL

JoxerNL Warlord

Your making no sense, but have fun complaining then! :)

12. renohol

renohol Warlord

i was trying to find that becasue i think i did the same thing when ETW came out but i can't even get stupid steam to open now but its ok, i'd just like to vent for a while because i miss the old days of the original civ when steam was just a greedy dream

13. Doctor Phibes

Doctor Phibes Prince

Yeah - I'm looking now at all those old Civ and other CDs lined up on my shelf with great affection. Everything you want right there, and no connection needed. Like buying, you know, a book..?

14. renohol

renohol Warlord

ty i shall but i better stop before a bored mod cuts me off and then i can't post when i'm not bored and have a real question

15. renohol

renohol Warlord

wow u still have all the old civs sitting around?

16. lynxxyarly

lynxxyarly Warlord

steam----settings--interface---at the very bottom 'notify me about additions or changes to my games, new releases, and upcoming releases'

check it off.

also steam---go offline. Never have to worry about connecting ever again.

You're welcome.

17. renohol

renohol Warlord

thank ya very much

18. Supr49er

Supr49er 2011 Thunderfall Cup

Thank you lynxxyarly :)

19. xxhe

xxhe Prince

I'm don't know now I'm happy or sad seeing that I'm not the only one having connection troubles..

20. renohol

renohol Warlord

i just did what the nicwe poster person siad and now i can get to steam so try again i guess