steam pre-order available 10% discount

avaliable 20june2012 for me
and is $49.99 ($44.99 with discount)

this bloody sux, paying x2 what everyone else does :(

Preordered...now what do I do with this $3...buy some cheap beer of course!

Life is too short for cheap alcohol, save up some more and do it right.

I was almost tempted until I saw it was only 3 bucks. I'll still wait for the Summer sale, I can probably get it up to 4 or 6 >.> But still, this is also time where I can wait for patches, finish Skyrim which I only bought like 2 weeks ago, and do all of the non-gaming stuff I barely ever have time for anymore. As always I can take my sweet time when it comes to buying games, so I may as well wait for bigger savings and more patches.

Seeing as the Amazon doesn't deliever on Weekends, if you pre-ordered it you will most likely NOT get it on Friday, but on Monday instead.

Well if you select first class delivery (which is an extra £2) it says it will arrive on Friday 22nd. Unless I'm mistaken, small items like games and CDs are delivered by Royal Mail, so if for some reason it doesn't arrive on Friday it should arrive on Saturday.

I think it is 44.99 Australian Dollars and 26.99 USD.

no, our steam games are in $US not in $AU ... not that there is much difference these days, current exchange rate is 0.986, basically parity

Because European countries impose gigantic and unfair tariffs on foreign distributors.

Actually the difference is almost entirely explained by VAT, which is imposed in Europe on all distributors, not just foreign. There is no VAT in the US and the US price does not typically include sales tax, as sales tax in the US is rarely imposed on online transactions unless the seller has a physical presence in the same state as the buyer. (In this case Washington State is the only US State where Steam charges sales tax.)

Without VAT the discounted European price would be approx €22.49 (assuming VAT @ 20%)

Today €1 = $1.25

So €22.49 = $28.11

A difference of just $1.12 or about 4% in the pre-tax price, hardly a gigantic or unfair difference.

If you live in the UK, the math is even better:

£17.99 is equivalent to £14.99 before VAT which at £1 = $1.57 comes out to $23.53, which is almost 13% off the US base price!

(Oh, and I preordered yesterday :) )

Pre-ordered!
Im Hoping it's also in Italian language!

Is now the 19th of June a worldwide release? Because on Steam it says the game will be unlocked on that day and i'm from Europe

Not going to bother pre-ordering for a 3 buck discount. I'll wait until launch day but nothing is going to pull me away from the Paradox "Mega Campaign" games. Civ has taken a back seat to that for a while now and even though I'm excited, CiV has nothing on PI :D

-Mark

Just looked up on the official civ v site:

if you choose US, UK or OZ (?) it says release on 19.6.2012. Maybe that's why it says 19.6.2012 on steam too?

I just bought Civ5 via Steam, but since they have a tendency of fuc...inflating the prices for us Europeans, is there a problem with just buying Gods & Kings somewhere else like Amazon or a Gamestop store and still being able to play it when my main game is bought from Steam?

US$ 20 for us here in Brazil. Very good price for all new content. Bought it.

The release date shows 19 of june.

I just bought Civ5 via Steam, but since they have a tendency of fuc...inflating the prices for us Europeans, is there a problem with just buying Gods & Kings somewhere else like Amazon or a Gamestop store and still being able to play it when my main game is bought from Steam?

You will buy just a "code" anyway, which unlocks your game on steam. If you can buy it on amazon.co.uk It is L 12.99 ~ €16!

I have a couple of questions:

1. How long will the pre-order discount last? I wonder if the $3 discount is the only promotion for pre-ordering. I would hate to pre-order it now, then the next day find out you get a free DLC or some other offer if I had just waited one more day.

2. Is this the only pre-order bonus?

3. Can we pre-download it if we go with this offer?

3a. If the above is true, when exactly would we be able to play it (Eastern Time) Does this mean that Monday night at midnight (the start of 6/19) I can immediately install it and play?

Top Bottom