Steam Regional Pricing for BE in SEA is just $27 now EDIT: $35 now, price raised

Eisenhart

Warlord
[Public service announcement for SEA players]

Hey SEA gamers (Philippines, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and Indonesia)!

Just as a PSA, if you're looking for a cheap deal, don't go to third parties! Steam has applied the regional pricing for SEA, so chances are games are cheaper now.

Prices are now approximately $27 for Civilization: BE, and the bundle is for $38.

EDIT:

Just to give an update, they raised the price (although just slightly).

For SEA (excluding SG and AU), price is now equivalent to $35. The Bundle seems to remain on the same price.

Damn ! Polystralia really is OP

Funny thing though, is that of the major South East Asian economies (Philippines, Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, and Malaysia), only Indonesia has been confirmed to be part of Polystralia.

It's hard to know if the rest of the ASEAN nations are part of either Polystralia or the PAC.

And considering that ASEAN favors working together rather than favoring any existing superpowers, there is a chance that they might have established their own block.

I bought it in Poland for ~30$, though I got a ~10$ worth extra discount for a very early preorder. Release-date and pre release-date prices on Steam are always 20%-50% worse for me than offers from other official distributors. Box price is even a little lower. In this case, i'd have to pay ~60$ for Civ:BE. I have absolutely no idea from where does the fairy tale about low Steam prices come...

I bought it in Poland for ~30$, though I got a ~10$ worth extra discount for a very early preorder. Release-date and pre release-date prices on Steam are always 20%-50% worse for me than offers from other official distributors. Box price is even a little lower. In this case, i'd have to pay ~60$ for Civ:BE. I have absolutely no idea from where does the fairy tale about low Steam prices come...

Well, I guess it came with the sales, and how some people had game prices in retail.

I think the reverse would be areas like yours (Poland) and mine (Philippines) where retail was actually cheaper. Steam's cheaper here now though, so I dunno what's gonna happen to retail.

[Public service announcement for SEA players]

Hey SEA gamers (Philippines, Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia)!

Just as a PSA, if you're looking for a cheap deal, don't go to third parties! Steam has applied the regional pricing for SEA, so chances are games are cheaper now.

Prices are now approximately $27 for Civilization: BE, and the bundle is for $38.

You forgot about Stream store in Thailand too. Just saying. :)
Guess Steam is on the move in SEA market now.

Great, after already preordering at full price...

Guess I can always buy it as a gift... :wallbash:

btw, anyone knows a good deal to get it in EU ? I missed the 25% discount at gmg because of my CC being blocked grrrrr

Wut ? I thought that was over

EDIT : well nevermind, it appears GMG adds new vouchers every week so the 25% discount was still there.

Top Bottom