Steam sale: 33% off Civ 5 and all DLC (until July 10th)

Thander

Warlord
I just noticed this today, but didn't see it here. Steam is having a big sale today. Here's the Civ 5 page:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/8930/

(be patient if it doesn't load as there are so many sales going on, huge traffic problems)

Edit July 5th: As some people posted already, Civ 5 is one of the daily deals today. Everything Civ 5 50% off. Daily deals are just that, this day only so get it while it lasts. Also as the title says the 33% off will continue for the duration of the summer sale, but no one wants 33% off when you could get 50% off.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=10639043&postcount=960

I'll be constantly adding new sales as I find them to the Weekend Specials Thread in All Other Games. Well, the main sales. I'm not going to list every single game on sale when there's over a thousand, that is what sites like this are for http://www.steamgamesales.com/

EDIT: If you are going to download anything really large on Steam during this sale I recommend going into Steam settings and changing download regions if you can't get a nice speed (it doesn't matter where, you can get nice speeds from Singapore or somewhere even if you live in Canada!).

Cool, can get all my missing civs for under $15.

Btw, can anyone comment on the Cradle of Civilizations pack? It's only $7 for all of them, but I'm wondering if any of them are worth playing.

I have two of the cradle maps from my pre orders - Mesopotamia and Asia (accidentally had an extra pre order that I forgot to cancel from Amazon - I returned it unopened but kept the code).

I tried them a few times, but they are entirely worthless - its just a single map thats exactly the same all the time. The random generator and SDK can make you all the maps you would ever need.

Though I will gladly use this offer to pick up Denmark which I dont have yet.

Generally speaking, map-packs suck and DLC civs are worth buying. The dlc civs are generally more powerful than an average major civ, but there are more original civs in tier 1 status so the dlc civs aren't game-breaking.

Generally speaking, map-packs suck and DLC civs are worth buying. The dlc civs are generally more powerful than an average major civ, but there are more original civs in tier 1 status so the dlc civs aren't game-breaking.

Babylon is a bit ridiculous, but it also got nerfed.

Looking at the strongest Civ poll, it was the only one really standing out. Could be because people don't play em, but the balance seems decently tight.

So the Cradle of Civ stuff is mediocre?

A little unrelated to civ... Steam sales are always EVIL and this one is looking to be just as bad haha.

-33% Off everything 2k.
-Every Squareenix/Eidos Title for 88% off... (79)

Steam why do you hate my wallet!

Ok so I have question: if my wife buys another copy of Civ5 so that we can play multiplayer, will she also have to buy all the DLC civs again to be able to play them?

I would advise to wait until the end of the summer sale.
If it's a daily deal the prices will be even lower.
And if it's not going to be a daily deal then you can still pick it up on the last day :)

Babylon is a bit ridiculous, but it also got nerfed.

Looking at the strongest Civ poll, it was the only one really standing out. Could be because people don't play em, but the balance seems decently tight.

So the Cradle of Civ stuff is mediocre?

A little unrelated to civ... Steam sales are always EVIL and this one is looking to be just as bad haha.

-33% Off everything 2k.
-Every Squareenix/Eidos Title for 88% off... (79)

Steam why do you hate my wallet!

I definitely feel your pain, as if giving us TF2 wasn't bad enough. They want to make sure I never leave the house in free time again.

Ok so I have question: if my wife buys another copy of Civ5 so that we can play multiplayer, will she also have to buy all the DLC civs again to be able to play them?

Yes, your wife will have to buy all the DLC for her own Steam account. As anandus points out, its best to wait until the end of the sale in case Civ5 goes on a daily deal for even cheaper (which I expect it to).

I have a question, where did you find a woman willing to play Civ 5?
Seriously, I've never met a single woman/girl who played a civilization game. Not one.
Honestly, if I had a woman I could play Civ with, that would be heaven. My girlfriend has no interest in Civilization games.

I have a question, where did you find a woman willing to play Civ 5?
Seriously, I've never met a single woman/girl who played a civilization game. Not one.
Honestly, if I had a woman I could play Civ with, that would be heaven. My girlfriend has no interest in Civilization games.

But would you be able to handle it when she nuked you? And what if she got jealous of the way Catherine was speaking softly in Russian to you? :lol:

I have been living with a woman who plays nothing else but civ for the last five years so it is possible. I love civ too, but start to get a bit sick of the addiction :) Male/female is a socially constructed gender order and so there is no absolute rule that governs who does what. That said, the woman I know is more of a peaceful empire building strategist and tends to discourage warfare by adjusting the game options to achieve that.
Cheers

I would advise to wait until the end of the summer sale.
If it's a daily deal the prices will be even lower.
And if it's not going to be a daily deal then you can still pick it up on the last day :)

Oh I know, just these sales are sooooo scary. I don't regret spending usually, but it's very easy to spend hundred odd bucks by the end of it...

Only thing I'm REAAAAAAAAAAAALLY hating now is Witcher 2 is on Sale and I haven't even gotten around to playing it even though I had it on pre-order.

Funny the game goes on sale literally the day I decided to finally take the plunge and buy--all due to the positive feedbacks on the latest patch ;)

I bought all the civs but Polynesia only two days ago! :sad:
Welp, guess it's time to pick up Polynesia then!:D
I already have all of them, so no deals for me...

PIcked up Polynesia and Denmark. Had been waiting for a sale. I'll be bummed if they do go on a "daily" deal for even cheaper though! :lol:

Top Bottom