Steam Sale: Civilization V & DLC - 50% off

Thander

Warlord
Update: It is the last day of the sale, and they are now 75% off!

2k Games & Steam are doing a weekend sale for most of 2k's games. Civ 5 happens to be one of them. This might be the last Civ 5 sale before the expansion if anyone wants to catchup on DLC before its release. However, there is likely to be another Steam Summer sale in July that goes down to 66% off (or more) if you are okay getting it after the expansion release. Remember to buy combo packs to save more money.

Civilization 5 on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/search/?snr=1_4_4__12&term=civilization+v

it looks like each day til sunday will be one 2k games thing for 75% off. today is borderlands (which i played the crap out of). i will give it til sunday to see if civ gets the 75% off option but otherwise i will probably fill out the rest of the dlc i dont have right now. at 50% off im spending $15 on what i have left.

thanks for the mention.

Bummer! Put items on your wishlist next time, and wait for a sale. Be sure top check in regularly, that its what I do. ;)

I'm thinking about buying some dlc, particularly the wonders. I can see the individual dlc in steam but I can only see one bundle, the cradle of civilisation one. Wasn't there a bundle which included the wonders and something else? Are there no other bundles or am I just being stupid? :crazyeye:

Edit: Nevermind I figured it out. Have to click on the individual DLC and then it tells you what bundles its in...

I'm thinking about buying some dlc, particularly the wonders. I can see the individual dlc in steam but I can only see one bundle, the cradle of civilisation one. Wasn't there a bundle which included the wonders and something else? Are there no other bundles or am I just being stupid? :crazyeye:

Edit: Nevermind I figured it out. Have to click on the individual DLC and then it tells you what bundles its in...

On the linked page at the top there's a dropdown, just select packs

So I'm a civ4 player, and with the sale I may buy civ5 (the game of the year edition).

I have a question though regarding the civ5 gotm's (I suppose called "training series"). I don't see an explicit buffy type mod for the civ5 gotm's (I see TSG31 is using patch "1.0.1.511").

Do the civ5 game of the months require only vanilla civ5 patched, any DLC content, etc etc. Or if you buy DLC content (such as game of the year, which encompasses other civilizations) does that make a difference?

I'd played vanilla civ5 a tiny bit and enjoyed it, but a motivation to buy it would be getting back into the various gotm's that I haven't done in a long time.

So I'm a civ4 player, and with the sale I may buy civ5 (the game of the year edition).

I have a question though regarding the civ5 gotm's (I suppose called "training series"). I don't see an explicit buffy type mod for the civ5 gotm's (I see TSG31 is using patch "1.0.1.511").

Do the civ5 game of the months require only vanilla civ5 patched, any DLC content, etc etc. Or if you buy DLC content (such as game of the year, which encompasses other civilizations) does that make a difference?

I'd played vanilla civ5 a tiny bit and enjoyed it, but a motivation to buy it would be getting back into the various gotm's that I haven't done in a long time.

There isn't any mod yet for GOTM as with Civ4, and won't be until the DLL is released. GOTM games don't require any DLC, AFAIK. I don't know what their plans are for when the expansion comes out.

Everybody can play the GOTM games because the maps are generated in vanilla with no DLC requirements.

Older generated maps can still be played on newer patches, but the game has changed a bit with patches so it might be different now to what it was.

If you have DLC but the map was generated by a user without DLC, then you can play fine but you will not be able to use your DLC.
This only applies to wonders really, i.e. if you have the wonders pack you will not be able to build these in the GOTM games. Only if the map generator had this enabled when he rolled the start will it be visible in your game.

75% off on steam today. GOTY edition is $12.49 and Korea/Wonders DLC combo is 1.86 for a total of $14.35 to get everything.

yeah thats a sweet deal. went ahead and bought it, regardless of any gotm shenanigans. 75% off is too good.

Awesome, I got the 3 Civs I didn't have already plus some wonders plus some map things for £3. Thanks for posting this! :goodjob:

Not really a fan of Civ 5 but at this price I might as well get it anyways in preparation for G&K.

So, im loved Civ 3 and i love CiV 4 with mods. Should i buy 5 ? Im wondering because many, many reviews say its a dumbed down PoS.

So, im loved Civ 3 and i love CiV 4 with mods. Should i buy 5 ? Im wondering because many, many reviews say its a dumbed down PoS.

In some ways it's not as good as 4 BTS, in others it's better then 4 BTS. At the current price it's def worth picking up at least to see how you like it. You can get the game and all DLC for like $15

don't forget that GOTY doesn't include Korea or Scenarios so to get everything you will have to buy GOTY + Korea bundle.

Finally got them all. Sadly not many multiplayer games out there to use them with

Top Bottom