1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have selected the winners of the Old World random draw and competition. For the winning entries, please check this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Steam Update Broke Civ 6?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Macintosh' started by jsurpless, Oct 9, 2020.

1. jsurpless

jsurpless Warlord

Yesterday, I launched Steam and saw that an update was extracting and then installing.

Since then, Civ 6's opening splash screen has been all messed up with flashing elements and crashes shortly thereafter.

Anyone else seeing this?

2. jsurpless

jsurpless Warlord

Just for grins, I tried un-installing the game and then re-installing it - no effect

3. jsurpless

jsurpless Warlord

Still no reply on a ticket from Aspyr - really frustrating

4. Jlongs

Jlongs Chieftain

I'm having the exact same issue, might be because in the new OSX update 10.15 there's no longer support for 32-bit games. Could be them counteracting for that. Please update if you hear anything from Aspyr :smug:

5. jsurpless

jsurpless Warlord

Hi

I've actually started having a little better luck - I didn't do anything, except maybe allow a Steam update to occur?

Running OS X 10.14.6

6. tarafran

tarafran Warlord

Looks like every time there's an update I have to uninstall the game and reinstall to get rid of corruptions.
    Then everything plays nice

7. jsurpless

jsurpless Warlord

Re-installing didn't help me but it just started working again, so I guess that's something?