1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Steam Workshop Uploader crashing

Discussion in 'Mod Creation Help' started by BWS, Nov 18, 2017.

1. BWS

BWS Big Bradd Wolfe

Steam Workshop Uploader crashes when I try to edit an item or upload a new version. The crash seems to happen while it downloads the logo image for the mod. (It does not crash if I try to edit a mod without a logo image.) The uploader was still working for me on November 15, the last time I updated Caps Lock. Since then, I have installed the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update. Is anyone else having trouble with this? Are there any known fixes or workarounds?

2. BWS

BWS Big Bradd Wolfe

I rolled back Windows to its previous version (1703) and was able to edit & upload Steam Workshop content again. Looks like the Fall Creators Update (version 1709) causes an incompatibility with the Civ Steamworks app.

3. Mopafid

Mopafid Chieftain

Far from the only thing that update apparently broke. It's caused several issues on my machine, and I too was wondering why the Uploader was behaving oddly.

Is there any way to "stay on" version 1703? Can't say I have much experience with OS tinkering :)

4. BWS

BWS Big Bradd Wolfe

If you have already upgraded, you can roll back:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ndows-10/3e9e5c2d-239f-488c-9f48-64a226302657

It’s pretty easy if you upgraded within the past 10 days. In that case, skip “Step 1” and “Step 2” on that page. “Step 3” links to the instructions for hiding version 1709 indefinitely. The rollback instructions follow after that.

If you have not updated to 1709 yet, you can schedule it for later. It sounds like you can also hide the update indefinitely (step 3 of the rollback instructions):
    https://www.groovypost.com/howto/block-windows-10-feature-update-why/

5. BWS

BWS Big Bradd Wolfe

I did submit a 2K Support ticket about this, but I got back a useless auto-reply telling me to reinstall Steam and bug Steam Support if that doesn’t work. No way I can test that though without reinstalling 1709, and I don’t want to risk another upgrade and potential rollback just to try out advice from a form email.

6. BWS

BWS Big Bradd Wolfe

2K support seems to think that the Civ VI Steam Workshop Uploader is a Valve product instead of a Firaxis product, so they keep trying to refer me to Steam Support instead of trying to reproduce and triage the bug:
    I responded again to point out that this is part of the Firaxis Civilization VI SDK and not a Steam product.