1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Steel Swords break economy

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by CalebR_300, Mar 12, 2020.

1. CalebR_300

CalebR_300 Chieftain

I know this mod is basically in stasis indefinitely, but I thought I'd better report this just in case.

Steel swords are unlocked with the 'Construction' tech, but there doesn't seem to be an equivalent steel spear. (At least not until pikes, which come available with 'Military Tactics').
    All melee units (sword and spear) want to upgrade to steel swords, raising demand.
    Steel swords compete with iron swords, but are supplied much slower (22.5 steel swords compared to 90 iron swords for the same iron).
    Due to the sheer demand, the price of steel swords (and raw iron) goes up massively. (In my game, steel swords are about 2.81-3.29 per sword. No other commodity is even close).
    Partial resupplies to units are thus exorbitant, for example, my 3 melee units have a resupply cost of 153.4 per turn, and their armor is maxed for the period. Sometimes it is lower (80/turn), generally because the swords run out.

The main reason I bring this up is because most other bugs/missing content can be worked around, but my only solution to this thus far is to leave melee units outside supply range, and bring them in one by one as swords are stockpiled.