Steph's request thread

That are.... umm....many. :eek:

I could make some, but I doubt all of them....;)

I have posted several, so you can pick which one you'd like to do the best.

One small thing : as in SSS there will be more option, it would be nice if the units could come with two attacks : range and melee (of course when it is relevent!)

For the start I´d do some of the cavalry units. But these will take a lot of time, since all of the units you posted are quite unique, and therefore require some modelling efforts.

I guess I´ll start with one of them next weekend. Maybe I make the "Reiter" above first, since I could modify him from my late medieval knight. I´ll post previews if I have something done, so you can give comments or suggestions then :)

Oh, and can we make a deal? :)

Thing is, it costs always a lot of time to put the new units in my test mod, edit pedia.txt, look if all is right etc., but most of the time they work good anyway. So I thought I could save a lot of time when I check the units in flicster, and release them then incl. ini file, icon and pedia art.

Since those who make requests will implement the unit they requested anyway, they can report if there´s something wrong in-game, and I´ll fix it. As said, most of the time it won´t be neccessary to fix something (I sometimes released untested units before, eg. the A10 jet, and they mostly worked well).

That will take some time. Give me two days !

(not to do them, to think whether I will do one ;) ).

I tried to an Egyptian rifleman with a Fez (a la Turkish one) but I have failed to succeed yet (besides it would be C'n' only).

Here´s what I´ve done for the "Reiter". The red on the legs is civcolor.

Questions:

- in the pic you posted there seems to be a kind of "bag" on each side of the horses neck, so I included them. But for what are they used? For the pistol (or is it rather a hand gun?)? Would that mean he has two pistols, one in each bag? Then I could put the weapon in the bag in the run/default anim

- can you live without those leather strips on the horses back bein animated? Would a pain to animate all of them...

- should the guy carry a sword or some other blade weapon on his side?

- if so, should he use it in the AttackB anim? Bera in mind that this would mean that he fires only one shot, then uses his sword (or whatever) - probably not desired if you would put more emphasis into the fact that this is a unit of the gunpowder age

Their tactic was to shoot with both handguns (a la Sipahi in Civ3) then go to the back line to reload then shoot then go back (considering there would be quite a few lines). Of course they would carry a blade in case facing troops disbanded.

Originally posted by BeBro
[B
- in the pic you posted there seems to be a kind of "bag" on each side of the horses neck, so I included them. But for what are they used?

- can you live without those leather strips on the horses back bein animated? Would a pain to animate all of them...

- should the guy carry a sword or some other blade weapon on his side?

- if so, should he use it in the AttackB anim? Bera in mind that this would mean that he fires only one shot, then uses his sword (or whatever) - probably not desired if you would put more emphasis
into the fact that this is a unit of the gunpowder age [/B]

Very nice! I like it. The two bags are indeed for the pistols. So you can put it there for the run, default, and make him draw it for the fortify.

Their tactics was indeed to charge with up to 30 lines in the row, fire both pistols, and come back. They didn't really use Sword.

However, you could make a sword animation, but for another purpose than civ III (hint: SSS, where it will be more useful)

I'd like to second many of these, especially the chinese units, and the WWI European ones. What's your source for these pictures?

Anyway, someone already made a Germany cavalry, with the pickelhaube here
and there's a Japanese Imperial Marines unit on page 4 of the Unit Library, but alas, non civ-colored

I´m making progress, but slowly....

Here´s an attack preview:

Attachments

• reiterpistol_att.gif
    reiterpistol_att.gif
    93.8 KB · Views: 136
That looks very cool, BeBro!

Top Bottom