Stepped on Opponent's Mind Flower

Adjuvant

Emperor
Playing on Soyuz difficulty, normal size map, working toward contact victory, I realized an opponent was 50% through trans victory. As I'd won a trans victory the night before I knew this meant she was building mind flower, but her units were all a generation ahead of mine, so like maybe 5 or 6 levels?

So I put what relatively fast moving military I could and barrelled everything while DoWd into her mind flower. She killed every unit I sent, but one of my cars appeared to have killed the mind flower. It drove into the tile with the flower and the flower disappeared. I did end up winning, but I'm wondering if people know or not, did I slow her victory progress doing that? Did it reduce production on the flower, did it reset production on the flower, or was it just cosmetic and doing that had zero effect on the victory progress?

Yes it reset her progress. She then would have to rebuild it and wait out however many turns afterwards.

I had to do the same thing with PAU in my first game. I was playing Brasilia and fighting with everyone but PAU was like the one country I hadn't attacked on my continent, we were trading a little, everything was cool. Then I noticed he was 60% of the way to a Contact victory. 10 turns later Magan is green and I'm kicking that stupid tower over with Battlesuits.

Top Bottom