stGHNES: This NES is not hacked, I swear

GHOST9

Transformed
Disclaimer: This NES has not been hacked, tampered with, or jacked up in any way by anyone whose name starts with an H and ends with a K and is named Hacker.

Now for the rules. These are basic story NES rules, with a bit of Civ3 Conquests thrown in.

Governments:
You start out in Despotism. WHY?! Because to take over a civilization, you need to be a VIOLENT, EVIL, DICTATOR!!! Now take a chill pill.

Religion:
This NES does not discriminate. What makes you think I CARE what religion you are? Create your own religion and call it erez-worship for all I care.

Gold:
Economy, WCs, Denarii, blah, blah, blah. Money is money. In the Ancient times you paid with gold. So gold is the currency of this NES.
There are three ways to get gold.
1)Economy: This reflects the overall state of the economy. It gives you three(3) gold per turn. When you increase the economy, you cannot do anything else that turn.
2)Taxes: You can't avoid death, pain, agony, or taxes. Good thing you get to do the taxing. Your taxes can be Low(1 gold per 40000 citizens), Moderate(1 gold per 20000 citizens), or High(1 gold per 10000 citizens).
3)Trade: It's good to make friends. Why? Because friends want to trade with you. How is that good? Because you get one(1) gold for every trade partner you have.
Wow. So much gold. But there are also two ways to lose gold.
1)Maintenance: I'M NOT GONNA GO TO THE ARMY FOR FREE!!! We know. And for every 1000 soldiers, 5 ships, or 1 city that you have, you have to give 1 gold per turn to those fellas for maintenance, or the guys'll leave the army, the ships will rot in harbor, and your cities will become GHOST towns.
2)Wonders: People won't build a wonder unless you give them 2 gold per turn for 5 turns.

Population: Your population starts at 10,000 and is multiplied by 1.05 every turn. (wow. You don't have to pay people to have babies!) If you build a city(They cost 3 gold), your population is multiplied by .01 more every turn.

Army: Your army is increased by 100 men(and women, but not until the Modern ages, see, people didn't like women waving swords in 4000 BC). There are 5 training levels:'
Conscript(All new men are conscript at wartime), Reserve(All new men are reserves at peacetime), Regular, Veteran(Only available by surviving a battle), and Elite(See veteran). It costs 1 gold to train 1000 men.

To attack another nation, write something in your orders like, "Attack Erezville with 900 Reserves", or something like that.

Navy: YOU CANNOT BUILD SHIPS YET!!!! DO YOU THINK THAT CAVEMEN HAD SHIPS??? NO!
However, you will be able to build ships very soon. Come back when I say you can build ships.

Air Force:
Why is this here??? We're still in the Bronze Age, Helllooo?

Science Fund:
If you put "Put (Insert amount of gold here) gold in the science fund" in your orders, good things will happen. You can get new weapons, new ship types, new wonders, new ages, and new bonuses. These are called inventions.

Wonders:
It is free to start building a wonder. Once that wonder is under construction, though, you must pay 2 gold per turn, for 5 turns, to continue it. If two nations complete a wonder at the same time, the nation that completes it and receives the effect is chosen randomly.

THE TEMPLATE: (Looks official, eh?)
Nation Name
Ruler:
Government: Despotism
Religion: Create your own
Gold: 1 (3 from economy, 0 from taxes, 0 from trade, -2 from maintenance, -0 from wonders)
Tax Rate: Your choice :)
Population: 10,000 (x1.05)
Army: 1000 Reserves
Army Weapons Level: Bronze Age
Navy: none
Air Force: nonexistent
Science Fund: 0
Bronze Age Inventions: Bronze Weapons
Wonders able to build: Colossus (economy +2)
Wonders under Construction:
Wonders built:
Citizen Mood: 90%

eeek, two neses open in one day! GHOST, I am glad you put interest in nesing but please, just please look around. Highly newbie (even if you are a vet in another forum) dont go anywhere. I am not trying to put you down, but I just know, for the six months I have been nesing, I know, if you have not played atleast maybe 1 or 2 months of neses, DONT OPEN A NES. You may be good or understand modding, but others have not, and in the past thier neses SUCKED, and with these facts, no moderate player will join. Just believe me, you should hold of on the starting a nes note.

But I may be mistaken. So I dont know...

i would've joined...

This NES has some good rules, don't shut it. Everyone has to start moderating somewhere - heck, there weren't any experienced NES players when NESs first started!

Anyway Ghost, my advice is to start the NES and see how it goes. You learn from your mistakes - I know I have, over and over again - even after moderating a lot of NESs you can still make them.

If you need any help or advice, just PM me.

Nemesis

Nope!

England (Capital: London)
Ruler: King Arthur (UKNemesis)
Religion: Christian Church of England
Gold: 2 (+3 from economy, -2 from upkeep of city, +1 from taxes)
Tax Rate: High due to low population
Wonders under Construction: Colossus (2 gold invested, 1st turn)
Wonders built:

Orders:

Start building Colossus.

Send half of reserves to settle the rest of the British Isles.

Story

King Arthur drew the sword from the stone, and has finally united the English.

Merlin can do little for him at the moment, but the Knights of the Round Table are being formed as the elite of the army.

Arthur plans to make England a force to be reckoned with...

Out of Character:

Ghost, there are a few things you need to straighten out: how much do you get for each economy level? What are the levels? How does setting taxes high affect your people?

Nemesis

Christian Church of England

4000 Before Christ (BC). Christian Church of England. Oh well...

May consider joining, but not sure yet.

rules looks great but I seriusly don't have time for more NESes now.

Good luck anyway Ghost.

Well, I guess I might as well join up!

Uralic Empire
Ruler: Ataman Krichun (Das)
Religion: Slavic Polytheism
Gold: 1 (3 from economy, 1 from taxes, 0 from trade, -2 from maintenance, -0 from wonders)
Tax Rate: High
Wonders built:

Orders:
Leave 300 Reserves to guard the capital and other territory already under our control, send 100 to expand northwards in Ural Mountains, 300 to expand southwards, 200 to start expanding to Siberia.
If I can upgrade economy the same turn as the troop movement, the upgrade economy by mining.

Story:

4000 BC. A new era in the history of the world has started, the history has begun. Slavic tribes from the west, Cossacks from the south, Mongol nomads from the east from Ural Mountains were all searching for better ground. And some of them met at last, at the Ural Mountains, the possible future center of the world. These three nationalities and the local Uralic peoples have surprisingly nto fought amongst themselves, but united. They have formed the Uralic Empire, and their emperor was an one-eyed leader of the Ural Cossacks, Ataman Krikun. He was great warrior and a born leader, and he decided to lead the Uralic Empire to glory. And to find a legal way of robbing innocent people for no reason other then getting rich, just like in the good old times in the steppes. Unsurprisingly, that's how the taxes appeared.

how much do you get for each economy level?
1 gold

What are the levels?
What levels?

How does setting taxes high affect your people?
It decreases citizen mood.

Once 4 more people join, this will start.

Originally posted by das
Well, I guess I might as well join up!

Uralic Empire
Ruler: Ataman Krichun (Das)
Religion: Slavic Polytheism
Gold: 1 (3 from economy, 1 from taxes, 0 from trade, -2 from maintenance, -0 from wonders)
Tax Rate: High
Wonders built:

Orders:
Leave 300 Reserves to guard the capital and other territory already under our control, send 100 to expand northwards in Ural Mountains, 300 to expand southwards, 200 to start expanding to Siberia.
If I can upgrade economy the same turn as the troop movement, the upgrade economy by mining.

Story:

4000 BC. A new era in the history of the world has started, the history has begun. Slavic tribes from the west, Cossacks from the south, Mongol nomads from the east from Ural Mountains were all searching for better ground. And some of them met at last, at the Ural Mountains, the possible future center of the world. These three nationalities and the local Uralic peoples have surprisingly nto fought amongst themselves, but united. They have formed the Uralic Empire, and their emperor was an one-eyed leader of the Ural Cossacks, Ataman Krikun. He was great warrior and a born leader, and he decided to lead the Uralic Empire to glory. And to find a legal way of robbing innocent people for no reason other then getting rich, just like in the good old times in the steppes. Unsurprisingly, that's how the taxes appeared.

HOLY CRAP. Is that really you, Das?! Wow, blast from the past.

;)

Jason

Top Bottom