Still Mid-Late game CTDs?

ScottishViking

Chieftain
Hi everyone,

Been a few months since I played RoM, and last time I did, there were still terrible game-breaking CTDs in the mid-game on large maps or bigger. Is this still the case? Hoping this has been addressed...it's an amazing mod (when it works).

Afaik isn't it a flaw in the engine itself, not something that can be fixed in a mod patch? Getting more RAM can help with it tho.

Afaik isn't it a flaw in the engine itself, not something that can be fixed in a mod patch? Getting more RAM can help with it tho.

I'm running 4 GB of RAM, in addition to an GeForce GTX460. If I can't run the game well with this, then I'm not interested in playing it! (And for the record, the game runs great up until mid-game, and then it just stops at a certain file size -- usually around 1,100kb.)

Best of luck with other mods then. :)

FWIW, I don't have a problem with large maps on a similar system - do you have a 64-bit OS?

I'm running 4 GB of RAM, in addition to an GeForce GTX460. If I can't run the game well with this, then I'm not interested in playing it! (And for the record, the game runs great up until mid-game, and then it just stops at a certain file size -- usually around 1,100kb.)

This is generally associated with a 32bit OS running out of memory. Doesn't matter that you have 4GB of ram IF you havn't told your OS to Use it. You need to check out the 3GB/switch thread in this forum. And you need to Stop letting windows manage your memory/performance.

JosEPh:)

This is generally associated with a 32bit OS running out of memory. Doesn't matter that you have 4GB of ram IF you havn't told your OS to Use it. You need to check out the 3GB/switch thread in this forum. And you need to Stop letting windows manage your memory/performance.

JosEPh:)

I am running Windows 7, so, 64bit. Does the 3GB thread apply to me, or are there other suggestions? I really want to keep playing this mod!

I am running Windows 7, so, 64bit. Does the 3GB thread apply to me, or are there other suggestions? I really want to keep playing this mod!

No you don't need to tell Windows 7 about the 3GB switch. The current version of RoM still has CTD problems. Try "Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn" version 1.75C and turn off the options which you don't want. Some options are in the custom game screen and others are in the BUG options screen. There are lots.

Top Bottom