stJNESII: 2

emu said:
OOC: Well you have just shown the world that using Military might to get what you want is a better idea then using Diplomacy basically making the world rather unsafe, I just hope you dont reveal your double standards if another player does the same, I will of course bring this up if you ever question any Agressive action I take.
We were preparing to remove Denmark from Scandinavia not grab land so it is in no way comparable.

Last OOC comment on this. I am playing to my nations character and see no problem from my nations pow to invade another country, one that has insulted it and attacked it in the past. Diplomacy was tried but rejected by Scandinavia (before iggy took it).
Double standards? Because I play to my nations character using military might where diplomacy failed... no different from some democratic nations being ready to declare war whenever somebody dares to stand up against them. Democratic nations should be those most willing to try and negotiate. Also, I think you should drop any grudge you have. It doesn't become you. I am fully right to question any aggressive action you take just as you can question those I take.

Speaking outside all of this I don't see any problem between condemning aggressive wars from democratic nations and expecting it from fascist nations. It is a basic difference between the governing and the basic mindset of the nations (with some OTL exceptions).

If you got anything else then take it to PM, because I don't want to spam this thread or turn it OT.

OOC: You know your pretty good at reading too much into somthing im just talking about the Nes in general all of a sudden im accused of having grudge, I was just pointing out some facts if I invade another country and you start complianing I can quite easily claim that although your words dont agree with me your actions certainly do and that you should technically be supporting me.
Also dont tell me how to run my country, I never told you what to do with yours.

Democratic nations should be those most willing to try and negotiate.

That differs from time to time, from place to place. In this world, democracies are VERY agressive, because their people are bloodthirsty (I still remember Sheep's, unfortunately rather realistic, stories about mobs of Egyptians burning French flags and crying for our blood). Besides, agressiveness is typical of the declining civilizations, and in this NES, democracy is definitely in decline. Otherwise, I wouldn't have seen any "Democratic League" or anything like that appearing...

Imperial Republic of China

The Democratic League, far from being an instrument of aggression, is, as a whole, a league defined by it's commitment to peace and diplomatic solutions. We refer you to recent actions by Sinhala (not becoming involved in either the asian, or european wars), Sumer (by not becoming involved in europe), or.... less objectivly, our efforts, and payment, to avoid war in Asia. Our nation, and probably the most democratic on the planet, has clearly disavowed warfare as a method of foreign policy and only resorts to such action as a last resort. Any implication that democracies are agressive or in decline can clearly be refuted by the sheer number of people living in a democratic system and the economic and military power of our governments.

OOC, if you haven't noticed it yet:

is, as a whole, a league defined by it's commitment to peace and diplomatic solutions.

If that is so, why is its most notable action since its formation thus far was suggesting a collective declaration of war on a rather irrelevant premise?

We refer you to recent actions by Sinhala (not becoming involved in either the asian, or european wars)

Ahem? They did attack Sumeria, and helped Egypt attack the European countries, and supported the Egyptian declaration of war on an European country.

Sumer (by not becoming involved in europe)

They did invade the democratic Egypt, you know. ;)

has clearly disavowed warfare as a method of foreign policy

We'll catch you on that word in the future, I guarantee that. ;) But even if you look back, China still did constantly menace Denmark and Britain alike...

Any implication that democracies are agressive or in decline can clearly be refuted by the sheer number of people living in a democratic system

This DOES prove that they are agressive, you know (otherwise, how would they have conquered all that land and the people there?). And there used to be even more democratic countries just a decade ago. And a decade from then, as well... Don't forget that one of the world's greatest democratic empires collapsed not too long ago as well, after a war with certain other democracies. All of this are signs of the violence inherent in the system ( :p ) and of the decline of democracy world-wide.

what was the worlds greatest democratic empire?

France ("Franco Republic"); it definitely was one of the first democratic republics in the world, and at the same time was the greatest empire in the world at all, whether democratic or not (after all, it took a conspiracy of most of the world to overthrow it, and even then it was not a guaranteed success). So...

Couldn't have been that Great if it collasped

Still, it was the greatest power in the world you know. Strongest navy, strongest economy... Just look at WWII, when it fought off a horde of anti-colonialist agressors all over the world!

Its just that later, a lot of jealous people ganged up on it, and then its ruler had a sudden heart attack, so it was simply overpowered in just the wrong moment, and thus was crushed.

greatness is about longetivity, it was just a flash in the pan

Franco Republic lasted from 100 BC to 1839 AD, actually. ;) It also officially ruled the waves after 1500 AD, after it wiped out the Egyptian Armade. So it was quite lasting.

das said:
That differs from time to time, from place to place. In this world, democracies are VERY agressive, because their people are bloodthirsty (I still remember Sheep's, unfortunately rather realistic, stories about mobs of Egyptians burning French flags and crying for our blood). Besides, agressiveness is typical of the declining civilizations, and in this NES, democracy is definitely in decline. Otherwise, I wouldn't have seen any "Democratic League" or anything like that appearing...

I cant believe I missed this, Nesing in general is very Agressive, Also the last and current war was started by a Fascist I.E denmark, Also a rather large Fascist power was just destroyed I.E Greece.
I take it Europe is declining? otherwise we wouldnt have seen anything like EEC appearing.

Yeah and earlier Denmark was attacked by a democratic state without due cause. Your theory seems to have some holes. Also, I might be remembering it wrong, but wasn't it Egypt who declared on Europe earlier rather than the other way around.

Long live the peaceful democratic states :rolleyes:

Harleqin said:
Yeah and earlier Denmark was attacked by a democratic state without due cause. Your theory seems to have some holes. Also, I might be remembering it wrong, but wasn't it Egypt who declared on Europe earlier rather than the other way around.

Long live the peaceful democratic states :rolleyes:

I thought they wanted Norway?
France and Britain declared war on Egypt and Madagascar after Madagascar did some unexplainable crazy stuff like descend into anarchy after laucnhing terrorist attacks on various countries. So France used it as a handy exscuse to declare war and try to retain the morale high-ground

Please remember to stay in character. most of what was said could have been said in character.

if ooc is continually used, I will start to have it affect your stats. My experience in OOC is it should never be used...there really is no need for it unless there is a question. So, too much ooc = decrease in economy.

Deadline is here. If I do indeed update tomorrow instead of today, I will accept orders up to 3:00 PM PST tomorrow. If i do it today, and you send your orders now, then I can't guarantee they will be used (but it is worth your while to still send).

OOC (Really): Jason, all kinds of things can come up that would make you have to delay the update, but I would prefer that you leave the deadline for orders the same. I would hate to post a story about my big secret plan, and then find out that people still have time to respond to it by changing orders.

I don't have a big secret plan yet, but sometimes NES's are best just after the deadline passes and the worrying starts.

Top Bottom