1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

stJNESII: 2

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by Jason The King, Nov 15, 2005.

1. Jason The King

Jason The King Deity

The only reason I have a deadline is because I want people to send orders before I actually start updating. There really is no other reason (I do updates online, unlike some mods). I dont think its fair that if I extend the update, I also don't expand the deadline...there is no reason for someone who forgot to send orders to not be able to send them if I havn't even started it.

Does that make sense? I dont have deadlines so that people can start to worry after it has passed, I have them so that people get orders in in time for the update.

2. Jason The King

Jason The King Deity

Oh, and I guess I should say that I would anounce that the deadline will be pushed back if it indeed is pushed back before the actual deadline would occur. That should be fair warning for those who want to reveal their plans.

With that said, it looks all likely that I will not have time until tomorrow to do the update.

Jason

3. Kamilian

Kamilian Deity

From Russia
    To France:
    Actually, friends, Russia has also had one of the oldest republican governments in the world, having been established in 700 BC when republican revolution swept the old tsarist government away. Our republican government, as well as the republics that rose that same year, predate the Franco Republic by almost two millenia.
    (OOC: I looked back on the original stjnes4 thread lol - I can't believe I made so many errors grammatically and in spelling - way too many words had the second letter capitalized as well... how the hell did I miss all that back then?)

4. Insane_Panda

Insane_Panda Deity

I declared war because Egypt was going to declare war on me eventually because I wouldnt give him a few ships of mine. Get your facts straight before supporting the warmonger ;)

5. das

das Regeneration In Process

Well duh. You haven't noticed it before, what with the collapse of the colonial empires and being bossed over by Egypt and all? :rolleyes: At least we're honest enough to admit that we have problems. Unlike the democracies.

France never declared war on Madagascar. Britain did, and it was a democracy back then. :p

No, it couldn't have. Charles I would never have been as foolish as to attack anybody head-forward, being a more diplomatic sort of fellow. So what we're having here is a perfectly normal, on-topic, but out-of-character (i.e. I'm not speaking as the French government to the Ozeanian government, but rather as das to emu, but it is on an issue related to this thread) debate. Don't see any reason to penalize that, as long as it doesn't devolve into a flame war.

I DID say "one of". ;) I do remember that Russia became a republic even earlier than we did.

6. Jason The King

Jason The King Deity

It does very often turn into a flame war, and then players will begin to bring in ooc attitudes and personalities into the game, ruining the roles of the countries. its best if we just avoid it in its entirety.

7. das

As far as I care, it is simply a perfectly normal discussion of the game itself and certain events therein, without personal attacks or anything like that. Wouldn't make much sense for it to take place IC instead, IMHO; indeed that IS what OOC is for.

8. Jason The King

Jason The King Deity

Maybe it wouldn't make sense in IC, so you should have been discussing it somewhere else. Point is, I dont want this thread full of OOC, its here for gameplay. I dont mind a few posts here and there, but when whole conversations are being held, it gets a little ridiculous and floods out the actual gameplay.

9. das

Should I open a stJNESII:2 discussion thread? :p Anyway, the discussion died down. So where's the update?

10. blackheart

blackheart unenlightened

:bump: update?

11. Warman17

Warman17 NES Grandpa

Wann werde die Updaten (>_>) posten (<_<) sind.

12. Sheep

Sheep Orange Shrooms!

To Skeptics
    From Egypt

Egypt does not speak for the entire Democratic League, Sinhala is the current Secretary General of the Democratic League. We are a member. (ooc: How can I be when I am offline majority of the time)

To Scandinavia
    From Egypt

You do realise Nordterre voted to join you in a plebescite not long ago. Either way we applaud your peace efforts and would like to sponsor you for entry into the Democratic League.

To Russia and Sumer
    From Egypt

We agree to the Greek treaty so long as Egypt takes nominal resposibility for Greece and the resotration of democracy there. Romania and Yugoslavia are Russian pets, and Sumer has Turkey......

13. Jason The King

Jason The King Deity

Uhh...I'm not sure what you meant there, warman. :)

Wann... postest... du die Aktualisierung? :???:

Who knows. Crazy germans.

The update will be completed tonight.

14. Kamilian

Kamilian Deity

From Russia
    To Egypt:
    Right, then.

15. das

No it didn't (it wasn't decisive, anyway - too narrow a majority)!

16. Jason The King

Jason The King Deity

Update Twelve: 1847 A.D. REVOLUTIONS OF 1847

The German Science Agency, established by the German government two years ago, has managed to become one of the top science research firms in the world. While heavily subsidized, the agency draws most of its funds from private donations that have trickled in over the years. Many Russians, Greeks and French flock to the main institution, located in Berlin, where research in ballistics and engineering lead the world (+ education).

Elsewhere in Germany, dictator Frederick Olaf has taken a new road to economic development. Instead of abiding to strict protectionist policies, Olaf has removed many barriers to trade and has encouraged a more free market, based off of the Egyptian model. Unfortunately for Germany, German industry had not yet met the capacity to compete freely and effectively with Egyptian, British and French industry, and has thus caused a dramatic drop in industrial output and manufacturing. This move has set German industrialization back many years, as the people switch from producers to consumers of other goods. However bad the impact might have been, though, the free market has brought more competition into the German markets, lowering prices and thus putting more money in the pockets of individual German families (+ economy).

Just outside the borders of Germany, on the French frontier where so much blood in the past has been spilt, rallies for German unification take place. The Germans here, in the industrial lands of the Rhine, Niedersachsen, and Nordrhein outnumber the French and Kuyper almost three to one, and yet are represented by a French government. So far all that has occurred are peaceful rallies and demonstrations as the people call for a referendum to join the new German state.

Scandinavia and Denmark have signed the Treaty of Trondheim, ending the war fought for Nordterre. In return of occupied Swedish lands, the Scandinavians have ceded Nordterre back to the Danish and received some outdated old Danish wooden ships. The acquisition of such a land as Nordterre has more then doubled the size of the Danish state and gained access for Danish companies to cheap raw resources (+ economy).

With the end of conflicts, the Danish have demobilized and returned to peacetime. The industry, though barely utilized in the last war, is also put more into civilian mode, which has led to even more expansion. Prospects on a new industrial zone in Trondheim or Oslo look very promising, though little has been done. Also, from the large port of Copenhagen, the Danish have christened the DNV Invincible, the largest and most powerful dreadnaught on the seas. Her sister ship, DNV Indomitable was christened side by side.

The Spanish, meanwhile, hold their regular elections (the only nation to do so in Europe in the past four years, save Russia), which has led to a Centralist victory, putting an Antonio Diaz as President of the republic. The platform of the Centralist party has thus been changed, stressing a strong central government in Madrid and an elimination of provincial governments. Furthermore, the government has begun taking a stronger stance in the economy, stressing the industrialization of the rather-backward republic to catch up to the other European powers. New, government-subsidized rail road lines are open, interconnecting Iberia more so then it has ever been. Steel is also a central export for the new industry, as iron imports from Argentina and Uruguay have increased more then four fold.

Meanwhile, political opposition arises from the still-strong Democratic Republicans who point out, ironically, the inefficiency of Spanish farms, the disrepair of defensive structures such as the Pyrenees Line, Fort Fez in Africa, and port defenses along the east coast of the nation. They also site the relative weakness of the Spanish naval and land forces, stressing that all this attention to the economy has taken attention away from national security.

The Treaty of Athens is signed by the Russian, Sumerian, Egyptian, Arabian, and defeated Greek diplomats beneath the ruins of the old Greek temple complex, the Acropolis, a humiliation to the Greek people. The treaty has called for the destruction of the Greek empire, and the rise of four new nations: the republics of Romania and Yugoslavia, the Kingdom of Turkey, and the annexation of northern Caucus and eastern Turkish lands to Sumer and the north Danube banks and Crimea to Russia.

In northern Italy, a lonely soldier walks alone along the border with the French Kingdom, deeming tonight as a normal night, just like any other. He looked forward to returning home in the morning and eating a nice breakfast before falling asleep and waiting for his next watch duty. Unfortunately for him, this was not going to happen. He heard off to the north a loud clap, followed by explosions that seemed to rock the distant Alps. Along the sides of the foothills, he saw little sparks of explosions, marking the coming of the French army. The rest of the year was marked by a stunning French invasion led by a cunning new General, Napoleon Bonaparte from Corsica. Stunning victories from the Alps Army, supposed to be just a diversionary force, has meant that huge swaths of Italian land, including most of Piedmont and all of Savoy, fall to French armies. The major advantage the French had to the assault is the first use of motorized trucks to transport troops to the front, using the Egyptian Hanu engine in a French-designed truck.

Meanwhile in the east, the Russians breakthrough the Italian trenches, capturing Venice and the Alps that lie north of the city. Unfortunately for the Russians and General Kutuzov, the Russian army was pitted against the strongest and most numerous of Italy&#8217;s forces. The Italians stop the Russians before Verona, yet high casualties have made a dent on Italy&#8217;s standing army. Italy was also not able to stop the French and Russian forces from meeting in the north.

The Egyptians and Sumerians also make a landing in Sicily, taking the Italians by surprise and meeting very little resistance more then local militias. The Egyptians, the stronger and larger of the two forces, commenced to easily take Palermo and most of the northern industrialized portion of the island, while the Sumerian expeditionary force holds on to the south.

On the seas, the Italians have retreated to their ports and inland rivers. The Russian and French navies commence a blockade that has stopped shipping and trade with all of Italy&#8217;s trade partners (- economy Spain). The isolation has greatly hurt the Italian industry that needs raw resources for production (-2 economy Italy). Meanwhile French battlecruisers begin to shell Rome, aiming for the government buildings as well as the capitol. Oddly enough, this was a great success. Il Duce Benito was caught within his manor, his body never found. The next in command and head of the Italian army, Carlo Ciampi, became dictator. Seeing the futility of Italy&#8217;s struggle and wishing for no more of Rome to be leveled, he has appealed for a peace treaty from the invaders.

(Casualties: -72,000 Italian men, -22,000 French, -25,000 Russians, -15,000 Russian Conscripts) (Surrenders: -20,000 Italians to France)

The Russians have, in the home front, begun a large-scale railroad project aimed at completing a two-way system that will connect Warsaw to Magadan in the east. The project, expected to take near a decade, will greatly increase Russia&#8217;s ability to defend itself as well as its communication and transportation of raw materials from the Urals and Siberia to industries in Russian Poland and Balkan territories. Also, the people have become weary of the constant wars Russia has endured, even though she has more then doubled her industrial output with the conquest of these new lands, and increased their population by almost 25 percent.

In the Sumer homeland, many changes are beginning to take place. With the end of the war in Greece, Sumerian troops return home. Many still wish for the conscripts to be decommissioned, but that is mostly muted as the victorious armies marched through the streets in Canaan and Mesopotamia. The Sumerian economy, on the other hand, is beginning to show signs of protectionism as higher tariffs are placed on industrial goods that are mostly imported from Egypt, USSA, and China (-economies from all three), but Sinhala is exempt due to her economic depression. This protectionist policy has led to the growth of Sumerian industry, most notably the car industry, as Egyptian cars are priced even higher. But the immediate result is the higher prices of goods, having a bad effect on the Sumerian economy (- economy).

The Madagascarans have drafted a new constitution for the island, a first in Imperial Island history, and all done in peace with no bloodshed. The constitution creates a two-body government consisting of the executive and legislative branches and also guarantees many rights to the people. In a sense, the country has become a democratic republic.

In Arabia, the Arab Emirates have purchased four battlecruisers from their northern Sumerian neighbors, now boasting a relatively large fleet of battlecruisers. Political opposition in the Arab Emirates point out that battlecruisers are becoming more and more obsolete as the nations of the world turn to more costly, yet larger, dreadnaughts. In any event, the Arabs now maintain the largest battlecruiser fleet in the Indian Ocean, and with the completion of the Suez Canal, she may have the largest one in the Mediterranean Sea as well, greatly increasing her influence in world affairs. Meanwhile, the Arabs have been focusing on oil refinement, leading a sort of race between her and Sumer to develop each other&#8217;s oil fields first. So far the Arabs have a lead, while the Sumerians concentrate on their automobile industry.

In the land of Brazil, formerly known as the South American Empire, political stability has always been hard to attain amongst the huge numerous ethnicities that make up the nation. Only in the past decade as a man, Louis Chavour, able to grasp power and hold the nation together through his nationalistic appeal and iron first. That is why the shot that killed him ushered in the bloodiest year of South America&#8217;s history. People from all over the country contested for power, from the French on the Atlantic coast, to the natives amongst the Andes Mountains in the west, to the Africans who inhabit the interior and north. As the year drew on, there became five major combatants in what soon turned into a civil war with all parties ultimately abandoning power for the national government of Brazil, and instead fighting for independence. The northerners, black and native fighters, were branded as Pan-Columbians communists. The ethnically French wanted to keep Brazil, but limited it to the eastern coastal lands, instating a constitutional monarchy with a distant relative of the French monarch. Natives created Peru in the west, a dictatorship, and a combination of natives and blacks inhabit the new Amazonian Empire. Bolivia became the only democracy, a small republic on the rim of civilization.

The revolution was not just limited to the Brazil contingents though. Revolutionary fever did indeed spread to the Chinese and Ozeanian colonies to the south, which have remained colonies for centuries. The Chinese colony, having very little immigrants from China, call for independence while the Ozeanian state wants to unify with the new Peru.

Neither has the civil war ended. As all the nations contend for power, hostilities continue. It seems all the nations except the communist Pan-Columbia are fighting the weak Bolivians. The Brazilians are still fighting the Amazonians, as the Amazonians are fighting the Brazilians, Bolivians and Columbians. The civil war has thus claimed the lives of millions, and has become the bloodiest conflict in human history.

The assassin was also found. He was a man named Johannes Brentwood, and later confirmed by Brazilian inspectors to be an Ozeanian agent.

Even through generous government work groups and handouts to the people of Sinhala, the economy has crashed under its own weight. The unemployment rate has reached fifty percent; inflation rate has soared to 800%. Never before has such an economy crashed before. The industrial heart of Sinhala resembles a wasteland, full of abandoned warehouses and empty factories.

Amidst this collapse, the Sinhalese hold their elections. The people, with the most distrust towards the government ever recorded in Sinhalese history, have voted in the communist party to a very clear majority in the legislative, and have elected a communist president. The result is the collapse of the world&#8217;s most prestigious democracy, long been a beacon of success and freedom. It also ends the world&#8217;s largest economy, the rupee being replaced by the Egyptian dinari for the standard in the world economy.

And thus the largest communist country has come into existence, surpassing the USSA leadership. The Peoples Republic of Sinhala was declared, and heavy government planning has commenced to repair the economy. All trade has been cut as the communist government looks to rebuild from the inside first (- economy Russia, Sumer, Egypt, China, Arabia, and Ozeania). As to Battahira, the communists have heavily garrisoned the small country and outlawed the democracy that was once in place.

The Pacifican civil war continues, the Mongols making ground on the local Pacifican authority. Meanwhile Japan continues to fall into a pit of rebellion, looting, and burning. It seems that next year, the Pacificans will fall, and the Mongolians will gain independence.

The Civil War in Canada continues, with the Hudson Bay Republic receiving no help from the outside world like they thought they would. The result is the complete overrun of the small nation by the Peoples Republic of Canada and the intervention force from the USSA. Nearly a hundred thousand troops from the USSA fought alongside the PRC, as well as another army fighting them from the USSA border. In the far north, the USSA begin a system of island hopping across the Arctic Islands, taking huge losses to the Hudson Bay troops stationed here. In the end, though, the Hudson Bay government and remaining troops are besieged inside the city of Hudson Bay, and cry desperately for help from democracies such as China, Egypt and Russia.

(-40,000 Hudson troops, -20,000 PRC troops, -50,000 USSA troops)

As the rest of the world revolts and economies collapse, the Sioux finally begin to repair their economy through socialist movements, though remaining clearly a democracy with a capitalist system.

NPC Notices

Trade Routes
    Sumer: Russia (2/3)
    Egypt: African Union (1/3), Morocco (1/3), Sahara (1/3), Arab Emirate (2/3), Spain (0/3), China (2/3)
    Africa Union: Egypt (1/3), Arabia (0/3)
    Arab Emirate: Egypt (0/3), African Union (0/3), Russia (1/3)
    Imperial Madagascar: Egypt (2/3)
    USSA: New Canada (0/3), USSM (2/3), Quebec (1/3), Panama (0/3)
    Ozeania: China (2/3), Pacifica (2/3), Egypt (1/3)
    China: Sinhala (1/3), Egypt (2/3), Ozeania (1/3), Sumer (1/3)
    Brazil: Uruguay (1/3)
    Uruguay: Brazil (1/3)
    Russia: Uruguay (1/3), Arab Emirates (1/3)
    Sioux: USSA (1/3)
    Sinhala: Egypt (1/3), China (1/3)
    France: Britain (2/3), Denmark (1/3)
    Britain: France (2/3)
    Spain: France (1/3)

African Community of Economics

Have the leader of this group send in, with their orders, the outcomes of the current turn&#8217;s resolutions and I will post them here.

European Economic Community

Have the leader of this group send in, with their orders, the outcomes of the current turn&#8217;s resolutions and I will post them here.

From the Mod

I have decided to make updates be every two years. This should help you to make election stories more frequent, and possibly represent the length of wars (usually lasts two or three turns, so 4-6 years) realistic.

Histograph

17. Jason The King

Jason The King Deity

sdkjgfaskdulf

Attached Files:

18. Jason The King

Jason The King Deity

now I am sure that there are mistakes in the above update, i was rushed to do it just so it wouldnt be pushed to tomorrow. also a lot did happen, which put a lot of stress on me, lol. plus i just really have to pee.

EDIT: I still have to do some NPC stats, but thats nothing too big. Also, the front page with troop levels and production should be udpated by tomorrow.

19. tommy_toon

tommy_toon Emperor

Question: What about the Malay peninsula?

20. The Farow

The Farow NESer

To France
    From Germany

We insist that you allow the following regions Rhine, Niedersachsen, and Nordrhein to reunify with the German People. We understand that the Rhine is important to many French companies so we are willing to pay the French Government some money(economy levels) for the land and allow French freedom to run their businesses as they were before we assumed control. We also wish you luck on your campaigns in Italy.

-Otis Lamar
    Executive of Foriegn Relations

To World
    From Germany

We invite your smartest citizens to come study with the German Science Administration.

- Henry Roland
    Executive of Education