1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Stone age

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - We The People' started by GS_Guderian, Nov 3, 2018.

1. GS_Guderian

GS_Guderian Chieftain

Trying a perfect start for a never save / reload game (kind of „ironman modus“),
    I propably started r&r hundreds of times before really playing more than 1-2 turns.

Now regularly on a gigantic „new worlds) map it‘s easy to find a decent settlling spot for 1-3 towns without angering natives to much.

The only thing constantly hard to find for vast areas of the continents are mountains.
    I have hills and plains, sometimes even larger than 2-tile cities, making them pure flat or rough terrain settlements, but I rarely have mountains in between.
    Mountains appear as vast „only mountain“
    areas, no valleys in between, often to far away to be reached from starting colonies.

Now in order to upgrade my realm I need stones. Tons of them...

Is it possible to let the map maker generate some sprinkled mountains over hilly areas?
    Or could we get some stone bonus resources on other terrain, too?
    Or could stone be generated as in bricks?
    The Hanse in northern Germany is known for brick buildings as a workaround for missing stones.

2. Nightinggale

Nightinggale Chieftain Supporter

Opened a ticket [URLhttps://github.com/We-the-People-civ4col-mod/Mod/issues/206]here[/URL].

3. CptBadger

CptBadger Chieftain

On one hand, lack of resource is a logistical issue. Build a settlement with access and transport.

But on the other hand, brick, or quarrying by sources other than mountains, is realistic. Plenty of sea level quarries.