Stone Spheres of Costa Rica

Amadan

Warlord
Using this as a religious small-wonder in the ancient age.

They were discovered in the Diquis Delta of Costa Rica. In the 1930s, the United Fruit Company planted huge quantities of bananas in this region. Workers clearing forests found numerous spherical stones. The balls were perfectly round and were anywhere from a few inches to over 8 feet in diameter. They were composed of solid granodiorite; a very hard igneous rock. The mysterious balls were cut, trimmed and then polished to a high luster. The known spheres number over 300, and the largest weigh several tons.
The quarry was the summit of the Talamanca mountain range. Unfinished spheres were never found. Like the monoliths of the Old World, the Costa Rican quarry was more than 50 miles away from the final resting place of these mysteries.

EDIT: Samez pointed out (thank you) that the palette was off. It's been fixed and the corrected files uploaded. They have been checked in-game and work.

Attachments

• Bldg-Spheres.zip
    116.2 KB · Views: 65
When I first saw the buildings icon I was like "what there is now a moon wonder?" ;)
I also never heard of these giant milling balls before but it's a nice addition.
There is just one issue:
Your files are not indexed and have no palette information this is important to make them work/prevent transparency issues. The palette needs 256 colors and the last two are used by civ as transparent colors. (Many people use the ff00ff and the 00ff00 (a magenta and green shade)as they are easy to remember but never used otherwise) Tutorials about palette creation are in the tutorial subsection of this forum.
edit:
here should be most of the necessary steps using gimp

When I first saw the buildings icon I was like "what there is now a moon wonder?" ;)
I also never heard of these giant milling balls before but it's a nice addition.
There is just one issue:
Your files are not indexed and have no palette information this is important to make them work/prevent transparency issues. The palette needs 256 colors and the last two are used by civ as transparent colors. (Many people use the ff00ff and the 00ff00 (a magenta and green shade)as they are easy to remember but never used otherwise) Tutorials about palette creation are in the tutorial subsection of this forum.
edit:
here should be most of the necessary steps using gimp

I'll double check them, and see what I missed.

Top Bottom