Stone Warrior

eddieballgame

Chieftain
Simply (kinda:)) by editing 4 xml files - UnitInfos, UnitClasInfo, GameText Civilpedia_Units, & GameTextInfos_Objects I created a pre metal warrior with some bite. It is the same as the regular warrior but with a 4 combat & cost of 30. The requirements are the "Masonry" tech & Marble or Stone. This was done to compensate for those times when Iron or Copper cannot be found:(, & to put up some resistance vs those that do find those precious metals. My friends & I play a mod we did where tech does not advance past "Gunpowder". Thus, early troops are in play for quite sometime. Metal is precious! We also start with 3 Settlers & than cannot build anymore until the tech "Engineering" is attained. By moving Longbowmen to the tech "Construction" ( if you can build Catapults, why not Longbowmen?) & some other modifications as well, the AI is able (it seems) to play alot better, particularly in defense of its empires. Anyways, just thought I would share this. :)

Can you post some screenshots? Or did you not change any of the UI?

The only files I edited were the 4 xml ones noted. The "Stone Warrior" uses the same graphics as the "Warrior". This was just a simple adjustment for a mod "we" play. A little more flavor, if you will.

Nice, me and my buddies like to play the pre gunpowder eras in our hotseat games. I'm working on a extended ancient era. I'm still in the beginning stages and the mod isn't exactly playable yet, but I'd be interested to hear any ideas you have. :>

FirstAge Mod

Top Bottom