Stones on Tour again

batteryacid

Prince
Unbelievable

The Stones are on tour again- they play next week in Vienna, more than40!! years after their first visit! :band:

I guess 40 years ago most people thought that they won´t even survive the next 5 years taking their alcohol and cocaine consumption into account :lol:

Do you believe that there is a band today that can fill Soccer stadions with audience in 40 years ?

Regretfully I can´t see them this year- perehaps I will find time on their next tour, 2016 :rockon:

I'm still waiting for the Who's "No seriously... last tour... we really mean it this time since we've only got half the band anyway"

Doubt I'll go see the Toronto show.

:lol: :goodjob: nice one.

BAck on topic, I saw the Stones on TV when they played the big SARS fest here in Toronto a couple of years ago, sad to say they just didn't look in very good form and are evolving into a shell of what they once were.

ACDC on the other hand, are as heavy as ever.

Didn´t ACDC break up after their last tour ( I think it was about 3 years or so ago?)

This year I was able to hear Motörhead, I think they are with ACDC closest in age to the Stones (both ~30 years in business), but I don´t think that they will make another 10 years (I mean Lemmys voice was always at the rougher side, but this I feared him to loose his vocal cords during the concert).

Which of todays bands will survive, let´s say, 30 years after they were founded? I can´t think of one, to be true, because all those (former) No.1 tennage britpop or college-punk bands don´t have the endurance to last this long (I mean look what happened to The Offspring during the recent decade *shudder*)

I'd give anything to see the Stones play live........ except the £80 quid they'll probably make me pay for a ticket heh

Unfortunately they cancels the gig here ):-((
But I remember Voodo Lounge at 1994 - 120.000 people there

batteryacid said:
Do you believe that there is a band today that can fill Soccer stadions with audience in 40 years ?

That's a very tricky one, though I might be tempted to say Oasis could fill the slot.

To be fair though, despite being a fan I'm surprised they're still filling stadiums now :p

I saw them fill Hampden. awesome, truely awesome.

Going off topic to give my two cents to that statement, I think Coldplay might, they seem like the type of band that'll always be around but apart from that I'm not sure. DO you think 40 years ago people were looking at people like the Stones,the Who, Bowie etc and thinking they'd still be around?

batteryacid said:

U2- I genuinly dont believe that Bono can actually die until poverty has been erradicated on the earth-something to do with crimes in a past life so he'll still be cracking on about it at live 21

BCLG100 said:
U2- I genuinly dont believe that Bono can actually die until poverty has been erradicated on the earth-something to do with crimes in a past life so he'll still be cracking on about it at live 21

I was going to suggest U2 as well - Bono's only 46, he's got plenty of life left if The Who and the Stones are anything to go by.

Kan' Sharuminar said:
I was going to suggest U2 as well - Bono's only 46, he's got plenty of life left if The Who and the Stones are anything to go by.

death hasnt even halted the who and that elvis ticket i bought for 1 grand to see the original live in concert seems to be money well spent...

you spent a grand on an elvis ticket? when? where abouts? the only band I'd ever spend that much money on a ticket for would be Zeppelin

steviejay said:
you spent a grand on an elvis ticket? when? where abouts? the only band I'd ever spend that much money on a ticket for would be Zeppelin

well first off it was a joke :D

and erm i would also spend that much to see led zep, i'd also sacrifice 50 female virgins and (when i have one) my first born.

BCLG100 said:

and erm i would also spend that much to see led zep, i'd also sacrifice 50 female virgins and (when i have one) my first born.

heh if Zeppelin tour there'll be a shortage of virgins cause I think you wouldn't be alone in doing that

BCLG100 said:

It's not Led Zeppelin without Bonzo. Sorry.

I would sell my left arm to see a Beatles reunion concert, though. Assuming George and John resurect.

batteryacid said:

There are 1 or 2 I can think of that aren't well known generally now, but if Kerrang keep giving them free advertising they could end up being huge (ie nearly Metallica sized). They might also end up slipping back to being unknown very quickly though :(

This year I was able to hear Motörhead, I think they are with ACDC closest in age to the Stones (both ~30 years in business), but I don´t think that they will make another 10 years (I mean Lemmys voice was always at the rougher side, but this I feared him to loose his vocal cords during the concert).

Well Lemmy is 60 now IIRC, TBH I'm amazed he's still alive. At the rate Motorhead are going he'll be on stage with a zimmer frame soon:crazyeye:

Top Bottom